• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SmoothLefty

Reaction score
Don’t own any, but have have been thinking a lot about getting some dad shoes. Thinking about Vans or Chucks in cream or white.

Go with Vans. I put them off for years because of the little red skateboard logo on the back heel but they are by far the most comfortable budget canvas sneaker I've tried. Much better than Chucks, Jack Purcell, Sperry, Seavees (yuck), etc.

Vans Authentic Core Classics are $50, replace them every other spring. You can't go wrong. I wish the J. Crew version you shared in another post came in my size. I'd start with those and if they're uncomfortable go with the Core Classics.

Capture.PNG

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go with Vans. I put them off for years because of the little red skateboard logo on the back heel but they are by far the most comfortable budget canvas sneaker I've tried. Much better than Chucks, Jack Purcell, Sperry, Seavees (yuck), etc.

Vans Authentic Core Classics are $50, replace them every other spring. You can't go wrong. I wish the J. Crew version you shared in another post came in my size. I'd start with those and if they're uncomfortable go with the Core Classics.

View attachment 1363213
Why the “yuck” for the Seavees?
I have a pair in navy linen which I wear for a run to the supermarket or dropping the bairn off at daycare etc. and they’re fine for that purpose. When they wear out I wouldn’t mind a similar calf pair live I’ve seen by the likes of Johnston and Murphy.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what kind of dadding you’re talking about but I’d never be dumb enough to wear anything white when I’m with my kid. It would be ruined with dirt or mud inside of the first day!

Also, low top blue chucks are the answer for me.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the “yuck” for the Seavees?
I have a pair in navy linen which I wear for a run to the supermarket or dropping the bairn off at daycare etc. and they’re fine for that purpose. When they wear out I wouldn’t mind a similar calf pair live I’ve seen by the likes of Johnston and Murphy.
I have a pair of Seavees in Black Watch wool. Love them.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what kind of dadding you’re talking about but I’d never be dumb enough to wear anything white when I’m with my kid. It would be ruined with dirt or mud inside of the first day!

My little guy is a little under 2 and he’s pretty chill. I mostly have chase him and keep him from eating rocks. He’s not playing in mud yet. We’ll cross that bridge later.

Ok ok ok, simple solution. Just get the hender scheme authentics.

View attachment 1363276

I’m a big fan of Feit shoes, but I was thinking more in the $50 range not $500.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

White shoes are best after running through the mud with your kids. That’s the authentic wear that makes them look their best.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My little guy is a little under 2 and he’s pretty chill. I mostly have chase him and keep him from eating rocks. He’s not playing in mud yet. We’ll cross that bridge later.

Mine is just over 2. Still have to worry about rock eating but he loves digging in every pile of dirt and mud he comes across. Probably doesn’t help that I encourage him.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

sansimeon

Reaction score
Does any of the dad shoes mentioned have decent arch support? I’d like a pair but my experience with vans and converse is that they’re completely flat.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stuck here until god knows when so may as well crack open a few coconuts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads