• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E TF

Reaction score

I figured out why my previous fit looks like hammerpants. 

Apparently the lens on my phone is a slight fisheye, and kinda bulges the center out. The missus is holding it at waist height so from my knees to about my nipples looks deceptively bulged. try to ignore that please, the pic quality is better than the actual camera. First pic is more true to color. Shirt is grey/blue windowpane.

Try standing further away from the camera and zooming in a bit instead, if possible.

This outfit is probably your best effort so far as it's dead simple with no weird layering or anything. Keep going likes this.

Don't be tempted to get shirts too slim, a bit of room in them might suit you actually, kind of healthy looking. Something odd going on with these trousers (and some of your others) and it's not just the fisheye effect - they look twisted round your left leg especially. Are they a bit big in the waist and cinched in with the belt a lot perhaps?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

are these the shoes, which colour has been massively critcized? tbh, i don't know why. ridiculous, imo

i prefer my jeans hemmed(no denim head). i like what i see.

I am DIL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were only really criticized by one dude. I'm glad you don't mind the colour -- I don't really understand what is so offensive about it.

I would get them hemmed, but they're raw selvage and I haven't washed them yet because they're supposed to shrink about an inch in length. But thanks for the niceness.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try standing further away from the camera and zooming in a bit instead, if possible.
This outfit is probably your best effort so far as it's dead simple with no weird layering or anything. Keep going likes this.
Don't be tempted to get shirts too slim, a bit of room in them might suit you actually, kind of healthy looking. Something odd going on with these trousers (and some of your others) and it's not just the fisheye effect - they look twisted round your left leg especially. Are they a bit big in the waist and cinched in with the belt a lot perhaps?

I'll try that as soon as I figure out how to zoom, new phone is ungodly complex.

I suspect its the belts, not the pants. Most of my belts were sized for when my waist was 34 and when I take them down to where they fit the buckle and loop start pushing on the belt loops in the pants if I center them, it may be why its only on the left side in every fit. The pants are actually 30", which was a bit snug but not painful.

The shirts I need to taper a bit more because like an Irish ******, I'm tucking back two inches of material (on each side) and it puffs out and gives me a weird boxy hourglass figure when I'm not wearing a sport coat or vest.

Valentine's Day with mah hot woman, hence the rose.

Picasso?

What are you implying about Liam?
tounge.gif

I AM A PRETTY PRETTY PRINCESS.

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Valentine's Day with mah hot woman, hence the rose. 

SC and jeans seem way to close here. I think a darker denim or alternative SC with more contrast would make this better. Currently, kinda looks like a denim suit.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SC and jeans seem way to close here. I think a darker denim or alternative SC with more contrast would make this better. Currently, kinda looks like a denim suit.

Yes - and the jacket not being pressed is driving me insane. Personal preference I know, but I just shudder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads