• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vote for Foof! Mafoofan enters Esquire's Best Dressed Real Man contest

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I've always like the foo. I think there are a few reasons that he is sort of a mascot here. First, he is very well dressed, perhaps in the top two or three. Second, he is impossibly quirky and pig headed, and third, he takes enormous amounts of ****, and rarely actually gets pissed. I cannot think of another member on here who has taken more crap and melted down less. In other words, I think you might have mistaken a very large amount of **** giving for an actual dislike in the past, some posters, of course, excepted.
I tend to agree. He's been a great sport even when the harshest criticism has been placed upon him.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He seems to be a nice guy and that was not a personal attack on him.
I'm just surprised by the all thing and the noise made around the Esquire competition and the Foofing phenomenon..
We all come on Style Forum for different reasons ,some for socializing ,some for advice and I'm coming for the latter..
Good luck to him anyway...

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose, with his level of infamy and his tastes, that it was somewhat unexpected for him to enter, especially as none of us here would be genuinely interested in, or lacking for, a Kenneth Cole wardrobe

The Foofing is fair play, however, as he's obviously skilled with Photoshop, and no matter the results, a different perspective on an outfit is created from his efforts

Augustus Davies

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Hey Moo, As a personal fan of yours, although I may not be the best sartorial adviser, I was a bit disappointed at your choice of pics in some cases. Personally I think some of the ones below are more flattering, show a better sense of style and are a bit "warmer"...

PS - OMG! some of these guys are too funny. I've been howling with laughter looking at these douche don juan's... it's sad, it's funny, I don't know what to think!

brownchecksportscoatgol.jpg

camelhairbrownsportscoa.jpg

greyherringbonepeaklape.jpg

sportscoatpattern.jpg

brownsportscoat2mafoofa.jpg

You look GREAT Mafoo!!....got my vote!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of the other semi-finalists has over 60,000 views, no? I don't think I have much of a chance to win fan favorite.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
One of the other semi-finalists has over 60,000 views, no? I don't think I have much of a chance to win fan favorite.

Do you want me to mobilize popular opinion?

Twitter? Oprah?

Granta?

- B

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foo is just so cute. I am sure he would be great fun for my kids to play with. A lifesize Rubinacci doll!

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a good thing he has that great Rubinacci wardrobe or he would look about 17 instead of 27.

That would not be a good thing in court!

You do have my multiple vote and I hope you win. I'll take a conservative, boring, high quality look over Raf and Jil anyday.

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Yeah, and he works retail in Vegas while wearing Armani. Your style is about 1000 times more original and classic than his.

deanayer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acconrad
it looks like there are at least 3 SFs as finalists haha

AAAC has 7 of the top 25 and if SF has 3 thats a combined total of 40% of the finalists. Not bad considering there were almost 500 entrants!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads