Vittoria Fluido - camiciaia Napoletana - (a Neapolitan shirtmaker) EDITED title

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marcodalondra, Jun 29, 2013.

1. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Senior member

I have spent a week in Naples and amongst other sartorial things, I have tried a new home based shirtmaker that was mentioned to me by a fellow SF member. After contacting her in private and some telephone conversation later I was reassured of her impressive CV (which I personally verified ), having first trained under one of the best shirtmaker in Naples who is recognised by many city tailor to be a true Camiciaio, she then worked as head shirtmaker for one of the most prestigious Neapolitan brands.

After taking my measurements, we met three days later for a muslin fitting, where she used a proper muslin cloth where notes were directly written on it. I then gave her an acorn cut I had and today I collected the finished shirt. First impressions are very positive but need to look in some of the details later. I will further update this post when I manage to uploa the camera taken pictures at the muslin fitting and will give further details about the shirtmaker.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

3. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

I hope you made payment in a seedy hotel bar with unmarked bills. Or blood diamonds.

4. badsha

badsha Senior member

Great. How was pricing? Muslin shirt try on, cool. Never seen that before.

5. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

How did you personally verify her CV? And why would you?

6. marcodalondra

Lots of sarcasm in this post I see.... As a local I can review some of the places off the tourist map.

Price was in line with most good Neapolitan shirtmakers at around 100 euro CMT with 8 hand details. Muslin cloth is actually not very common as most shirtmakers in the city use old /vintage shirting for making the trial on shirt.

As it can be easy to boost about having a solid background it happen that I could easily verify what I was told as after meeting her I recognised her from the pictures published around while she was working as head shirtmaker and then I dropped her name whilst I was ordering two other shirts from the other reknown shirtmaker where she has served her apprentship and he confirmed. She is planning to set up a proper accessible location in the city centre next Setember and if so it could be a solid alternative to the usual names

7. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

M, interesting news! Looking forward to the detailed pictures - hope you can upload them soon!

8. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

i think this thread has a lot of potential. Didn't a lot of the SF approved Neapolitan brands begin like this (I meant become SF approved)? Ambrosi certainly did (I think!)

9. marcodalondra

I have now edited the thread. The lady in question is Vittoria Fluido, that as T4phage pointed out not long ago (thanks for the info T4) left the role of head shirtmaker at Rubinacci last October as Rubinacci is now outsourcing the shirt operation. I think she appeared in the pictures Mafoofan took in Rubi workroom last time he was there. Vittoria has served her apprentership with Luciano Lombardi, probably the most respected shirtmaker amongst the people in the industry in the city. She is yet to officially open her operation but should do so in September. I am still studying the shirt I received but the whole experience has been very pleasent.
    [​IMG]

10. marcodalondra

From permanentstyle a picture of Vittoria at Rubinacci:

[​IMG]

And one more:

[​IMG]

11. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

12. EliodA

EliodA Senior member

Shirt looks nice and well made, but it seems the pattern matching is a bit off, isn't it?