• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

skenney

Reaction score
Nah, got 'em off Grailed. $650, pretty good condition. I'll take it. Sold my silk road sanjuro coat to buy it.

I've been eyeing the ones on the web store, but am unsure about sizing.

I don't normally wear boots so I only know my sneaker size of 11; do you think a pair of size 11 virgils will be too big?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
43915378_500672313745090_6556044645132877121_n.jpg

And man, I love this season's yukata. Really like the silhouette (no more belled sleeves) and the tweed is fantastic. Really want an olive in size 2 but never see em anywhere

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't normally wear boots so I only know my sneaker size of 11; do you think a pair of size 11 virgils will be too big?

What sneaker brand?

I'll be the first to tell you that I am not great with sizing advice. It seems like I take strange sizes in Vis (e.g. I take TTS in Grizzly, 7hole, Virgil... different from a lot of people).

I'm a nike 10.5 and I take Virgil 10. But I have heard the mud dye virgils might fit a little small because of the dyeing process, but I can let you know once I get them.

skenney

Reaction score
What sneaker brand?

I'll be the first to tell you that I am not great with sizing advice. It seems like I take strange sizes in Vis (e.g. I take TTS in Grizzly, 7hole, Virgil... different from a lot of people).

I'm a nike 10.5 and I take Virgil 10. But I have heard the mud dye virgils might fit a little small because of the dyeing process, but I can let you know once I get them.

Perfect, thanks!

I'm an 11 in Nikes, but worst case I can just wear thicker socks if they're a little big.

But if they shrink a bit from the process then the size would probably work good!

BathoryLim

Reaction score

If your feet is wide, size 11 should fit, if not will be size 10.5.
I am wearing 9.5 for nike. I worn size 9 most of the Visvim Boots that I have.

luza

Reaction score
Different sizing, about a season after the original they reduced the shoulder width on all outer due to hiroki losing weight (he patterns according to his dimensions so most visvim fits skeletons only now). That being said, if true was big, you can probably stick to true. True to size before fit me true, which was too snug this time around (pulling in the shoulders, arms didn't balloon like a proper bomber)

Hiroki diet , we must diet LOL.
hopefully like the rest of us he'll gain weight this Christmas , so maybe for FW 2019 things will be back to normal.

BathoryLim

Reaction score
Not sure how they compare to brigs but I took the same size as my kngr virgils on the marshal's
Thanks for sharing, too bad i do not have kngr virgils to compare. I have crepe virgils & latest virgils ict, wonder if there are the same fitting as kngr virgils.

Retlas

Reaction score
Nah, got 'em off Grailed. $650, pretty good condition. I'll take it. Sold my silk road sanjuro coat to buy it.

The suede mud dyed ones? If so, I went TTS and they fit perfectly.

As for the Yukata coat... I am with you there! Its amazing

Rnt

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new to this thread, and new to Visvim in general. I've fallen in love with the fbt's and I am interested in buying a pair.
I found a guide on reddit about the shoes which already helped me out but i'd appreciate everything you guys could help me with. Any do's or don't?Im only interested in suede :) Let me shoot a few questions please:
- Are there mainline colours or is everything seasonal?
- Has the quality changed over years? Meaning is there a particular year i should strive for.
- Best EU retail for fbt's on discount?
- What's a 'good' price for a 9/10 pair?
Also i quickly read something about the soles but didnt fully understand. Did they switch it a few seasons ago?
Also drop ur fitpics ! Would love some inspo

zunker

Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm new to this thread, and new to Visvim in general. I've fallen in love with the fbt's and I am interested in buying a pair.
I found a guide on reddit about the shoes which already helped me out but i'd appreciate everything you guys could help me with. Any do's or don't?Im only interested in suede :) Let me shoot a few questions please:
- Has the quality changed over years? Meaning is there a particular year i should strive for.
Also i quickly read something about the soles but didnt fully understand. Did they switch it a few seasons ago?
Christ

happyvillian

Reaction score
LOL! We all gotta start off somewhere? But yes, that's quite a bit of questions to answer :p

- Would say it varies from season to season, but i've seen the suede pretty consistently for the past few seasons, with a few variations here and there, but nothing drastic.
- Quality has always been consistent. I own the suede and elk ones, all comfy and well made. Color wise, i'd say I wear the sand suede more often.
- Don't have any experience with EU retailers, but I haven't seen a like new pair sell on Grailed for below $300.

BathoryLim

Reaction score
Mainline colors - Brown, Sand & Black
Year 2008, that is where Folk collection started, not much changes after that.
- Best EU retail for fbt's on discount? - Not sure about this.
- What's a 'good' price for a 9/10 pair? 'Good Price' is hard to determine. For 9/10 pair condition - everyone has different level of acceptance of the condition. For me, a pair used FBT has been quite "Trashed" unless you really take care of it.
- Sizing, I wear mostly boots size 9, so FBT size 9.

Rnt

Reaction score
LOL! We all gotta start off somewhere? But yes, that's quite a bit of questions to answer :p

- Would say it varies from season to season, but i've seen the suede pretty consistently for the past few seasons, with a few variations here and there, but nothing drastic.
- Quality has always been consistent. I own the suede and elk ones, all comfy and well made. Color wise, i'd say I wear the sand suede more often.
- Don't have any experience with EU retailers, but I haven't seen a like new pair sell on Grailed for below $300.

Thanks! That's perfect. Appreciate it. I quite like the sand indeed.

Rnt

Reaction score
Mainline colors - Brown, Sand & Black
Year 2008, that is where Folk collection started, not much changes after that.
- Best EU retail for fbt's on discount? - Not sure about this.
- What's a 'good' price for a 9/10 pair? 'Good Price' is hard to determine. For 9/10 pair condition - everyone has different level of acceptance of the condition. For me, a pair used FBT has been quite "Trashed" unless you really take care of it.
- Sizing, I wear mostly boots size 9, so FBT size 9.
Thanks a lot ! I do think a lot of pairs are quite worn, maybe cause they're just awesome and it's hard to find a pair which has only been worn a few times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads