1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

*** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by g transistor, Jul 3, 2014.

1. alantrickman

alantrickman Active Member

I really wish Visvim made 1/2 sizes in the FBT :(

2. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

Hmmm, the official website lists 1/2 sizes for the Red Deer version but none available in the size menu and I don’t remember ever seeing them anywhere.

3. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

Couple of possibly stupid questions:
    1. For ICT Mud-dyed boots, does anyone use any product on them to keep them looking nice?
    2. For Brigadiers, has anyone added toe or heel caps?

4. colin__Jonas

colin__Jonas Member

I'm willing to sell those two because I don't wear them. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions or else.

Noragi Luxsic AW12 size2 Damaged Indigo. 9/10 with bag and tags

https://process.fs.ebay.com/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/resize=height:700,fit:scale/output=format:jpg,quality:100/compress/uH6EgVGYSTKYOran8xGR

Social Sculpture shirt AW18 Damaged indigo New without tag

https://process.fs.ebay.com/AJdAgnqCST4iPtnUxiGtTz/cache=expiry:max/rotate=deg:exif/resize=height:700,fit:scale/output=format:jpg,quality:100/compress/fnXqtJtVSoKgQfhOtvBS

@Chaconne I would use some Saphir Médaille D'or Rénovateur or Nappa. They are great product and works for a lot of different leather without altering too much the output.

5. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

6. g transistor

g transistor Distinguished Member

1- I use Obenauf LP. I do not like Saphir products on Visvim. I used to use them but I just prefer Obenauf's now—it feels better going on and ages nicely. However, the Visvim shoe care set is just rebranded Saphir, too.

2- Do you mean taps? The little piece of plastic to help with uneven wear? Add them if you find you are wearing through the sole in those areas quickly—no biggie.

7. g transistor

This happens usually with every cycle. The last time they did a very wide release of Virgils like this you could also get them on sale (I think it was suede version).

But yeah, I think people are moving away from the aesthetic in general, though.

8. g transistor

Oh, I just put Obenaufs on my mud dye virgils a few days ago. I haven't used Saphir on Mud dye stuff, just my experience in the past. Use shoe trees, too. What ICT Mud boots do you have? I'm really liking the calf Virgils I got, and if the other mud dye models weren't so damn expensive (would love a pair of mud Grizzly), I'd probably swing for them. At least the mud Virgils you can get at discount on second hand.

9. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

The pricing as well might be a factor, always going up

10. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

Brigs. Couldn’t live without them. Didn’t you just get your ICT Virgil’s? You put the Obenaufs on right away?

27BEE863-5D86-44FA-8BC2-FD8964D22EE3.jpeg

A4565398-F86A-4BA4-BB20-F3B6C8B9115F.jpeg

11. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior Member

Do this seasons VIRGIL (KNGR/HORSE) run small ? Am a 9 in skags & 7 hole.

Use Obenauf's LP on all my boots, big fan.

Enjoy.

12. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

THe kangaroo Virgils from FW18 run tts, IME.

13. Gus

Gus Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Most fans of Visvim probably saw this but I thought this story of the first stand alone store in Santa Fe was worth reposting. Santa Fe is very inspiring creatively, especially for Southwest and Native American style. I've visited the store several times. A bit more like visiting a friendly art gallery than a retail clothing store.

https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/07/25/visvim-santa-fe-store/

14. LostInTheFunhouse

LostInTheFunhouse Member

They run tts but are noticeably slimmer than the Elk Suede version from last season. They actually fit really well but I just didn’t like how the sole looked. I decided to return them and ordered the Brigadier Boots from today’s release instead. Will update next week.

5A595FAD-1A95-4C14-A58A-9A0BBB25C0F6.jpeg

15. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior Member

Thanks for the post, see what the issue is in regards to fit/toe box...Have found that Vis break in well as opposed to Viberg etc...FWIW I like the Vibram soles used on the VIGRL/FOLK

Just picked up a pair of "DOGI" for summer

Enjoy