• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Walk-Over Nubuck Saddle Shoes sz 10

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinning out my collection a touch, I wanted to put these up here before trying ebay. They are a very clean, good condition, vintage pair of saddle shoes by Walk-Over, a defunct American company. Very rich nubuck suede and fully leather lined. The workmanship is near perfect, examine the punchwork, symmetry, etc. Only $55 shipped conus, and I would like to try google checkout this time, no Paypal (this is somewhat of an experiment).

They are size 10 D US and I wore them as I am a 9.5, pretty forgiving in size.

DSC04951.JPG

DSC04952.JPG

DSC04953.JPG

DSC04955.JPG

DSC04956.JPG

DSC04957.JPG

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty nice!

I always thought Walk-Overs were made in Australia. I guess not
smile.gif

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, definitely US made. I think either Penn, or Maine? Not sure. NEWAY, bump0rzz.

nobody for TRAD?

Michael Boehm

Reaction score
My brother is a big Walk Over fan but he's a 9E. I have no experience with the brand so what do you think? Too big?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wearing size 9E Aristocrafts as I type this. I usually wear 9.5D

Personally I think it would work. Can he comfortably wear 9.5D-10D in other shoes?

Michael Boehm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
I'm wearing size 9E Aristocrafts as I type this. I usually wear 9.5D

Personally I think it would work. Can he comfortably wear 9.5D-10D in other shoes?

Yeah, he can. His shoe size seems to be all over the place.

ltontheqt

Reaction score
Tarmac:
I sent you a PM. I'm also a 9.5D. Just to be sure, you're saying that these fit you? I have never worn used, or as they say in the car business, pre-owned shoes before, but these do seem to be in great condition. Could you put these on hold for me? I will give you a definite answer in the next hour.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I replied to you,

The dark parts are navy blue, with matching original laces.

Light parts are cream colored.

ltontheqt

Reaction score
Lo and behold, I've decided to take them. My son thinks they're cool. If I don't wear 'em, he will. As far as Google checkout, I'm accustomed to using Paypal. I've only used Google once for shipping. Let me check it out. At this point, I may not get to this until sometime tomorrow. But, I'm definitely going to take them.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool, I believe you just sign up for a google checkout account, then you will have a checkout username (gmail address). Once I know your username, I will just set up an invoice for you which you inspect and pay. Let me know when you have it set. This is my first attempt at GCO as well.

shingo1979

Reaction score
I'm Alessandro from Italy
I'm collection vintage shoes and I'm very interested in the Walk-Over saddle.
Can anyone tell me where I can find them or if I can get one your pair if not too used?
Grazie! ciao!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads