• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

oosterling

Reaction score
@Thardin

as i know most about aviator i can only share my thoughts / expectations

1. Approximate age? i would expect around 65 years
2. What do you look at to determine age on this model? just anything mostly :)
3. What value range do they fall within? no clue honestly
4. Is Ebay the best place to sell these? ebay is tricky, first of all the fee of ebay and paypal is not attractive. ebay can go very well or not so well. hard to say

mmafia1

Reaction score
@abold cats 5000 with polarized lenses. nice. For sale?

Make him pay loads for them @abold
smile.gif

pduytengsu

Reaction score
I have been looking for a Ray Ban RB3479 which is the folding aviators and saw on the internet with a diamond hard turquoise lens. I thought Luxottica doesn't make diamond hard lenses, i still have my old aviators 50th anniversary diamond hard lens made by BL and the markings on the RB3479 do look the same, any thoughts?

mmafia1

Reaction score

I have been looking for a Ray Ban RB3479 which is the folding aviators and saw on the internet with a diamond hard turquoise lens. I thought Luxottica doesn't make diamond hard lenses, i still have my old aviators 50th anniversary diamond hard lens made by BL and the markings on the RB3479 do look the same, any thoughts?

They will be fake. You're right luxottica don't make diamond hard lenses, but there are a lot of fakes going around with the markings on, especially the flash lenses colours, hence the turquoise. The fanciest 3479 are the 3479kq. Ultra folding, with polarised lenses but definitely not diamond hard.

Boltz1972

Reaction score
I have a pair of Ray Ban Outdoorsman with black wire and leather frames and brow bar, on a neck lace, size 58/14. Lenses etched B&L with the white Ray Ban logo on the right lens. I've attached photos of the sunglasses and the case (label inside case says Case MEXICO). From the photos, what type of lenses are they and can anyone guess an age? It wouldn't be before 1982 if I'm right?

doggerel

Reaction score
I have a pair of Ray Ban Outdoorsman with black wire and leather frames and brow bar, on a neck lace, size 58/14. Lenses etched B&L with the white Ray Ban logo on the right lens. I've attached photos of the sunglasses and the case (label inside case says Case MEXICO). From the photos, what type of lenses are they and can anyone guess an age? It wouldn't be before 1982 if I'm right?

artic emperor

Reaction score
Hi I got this from my father I don't know if they are real or fake both lenses are etched B L USA and RAY BAN USA ON BRIDGE AND UNDER.
Any information is appreciated.
Regards
Marik
a

oosterling

Reaction score
@scotland007 im afraid theyre are fake.

It seems the lenses are not curved enough (too flat when they would be on a flat surface). also the hinges have only one screw. the way nose pads are attached. and as well the finishing of the frame.
the brow bar is also pretty far of of what it should be

sorry

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads