• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asked a seller on eBay about the length/width of a pair he had listed to see if they would fit. He sent dimensions, then raised the price by $30 and declined an offer for the price they were listed at this morning. :angry: whatever dude.

I hate sellers who play games. So unnecessary.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we've been discussing pebble grain PTBs today. There is a pair of 93603s in a 13 A with a "Make Offer" option.

I find that I have to go down one additional width in the 93602 for the shoe to fit right. If the 93603 fit is similar (or wider), I might recommend them for @mreams99 who is a 13 B. I think @wasmisterfu is in a similar range. I don't think I can do them -- the Kenmoors have to be a AA for me.

NOT MY SHOE: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Flors...ress-Shoe-Brown-Leather-Size-13/123203692495?

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we've been discussing pebble grain PTBs today. There is a pair of 93603s in a 13 A with a "Make Offer" option.

I find that I have to go down one additional width in the 93602 for the shoe to fit right. If the 93603 fit is similar (or wider), I might recommend them for @mreams99 who is a 13 B. I think @wasmisterfu is in a similar range. I don't think I can do them -- the Kenmoors have to be a AA for me.

NOT MY SHOE: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Flors...ress-Shoe-Brown-Leather-Size-13/123203692495?
These are nice and I wondered if a 13A might work.
My wife has specifically suggested that I not wear a plain toe shoe since she thinks it accentuates the length of my feet. I have a couple of nice PTBs, and have avoided adding too many due to her suggestion — and also due to the fact that she would obviously notice another plain toed shoe in my collection!

Gosport

Reaction score
I have my next restoration project: a second pair of 6710 MacGregor's. Why do I need another pair of MacGregor's? Because 7 eyelets, that's why. I can't explain why I find a 7 (or more) eyelet balmoral (especially with a gunboat-like sole) so visually pleasing, but I just love the look. I wish they'd make a 7 eyelet balmoral again, preferably in a short-wing. Sadly, very few of these shoes (in the 13-14 narrowish [B/C] to medium widths [D]) are out there, so when I see them, I try and buy them (I keep missing or blowing auctions for the bal-wing Boulevard). Anyone else here a fan of lots of eyelets on their shoes?
Did you bid on the recent burgundy/oxblood boulevards in 13 D on the bay? Maybe a month or so ago. I missed out on those by a few bucks.

Medicfourlife

Reaction score

Well then...Max bid placed and i'll let it ride. Thanks for the notice David! If I get lucky, my dad will get a late father's day gift to match this pair of Florsheim 92612 shell LWB I fixed up and had resoled for him a few months ago! These were made in 1969, when he was 10, and his first good pair of dress shoes.

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 9.59.27 PM.png

wasmisterfu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you bid on the recent burgundy/oxblood boulevards in 13 D on the bay? Maybe a month or so ago. I missed out on those by a few bucks.

Yeah, I lost by one bid... got bid sniped with ~5 seconds to go. Should have setup my own snipe, but figured the auction wasn’t really rolling all that hard. Damn things only went for like 37 bucks or something and they were in excellent condition (interiors and uppers were in excellent condition, original soles and heels).

I’ve been trying to get a good pair of bal-wingtip Boulevards for years. I was super frustrated at losing that auction.

Edit: I assume we are talking about the same pair?:
$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casual Fridays usually means shorts and sandals. Rather cool today so went with jeans, and my second pair of recently purchased John McHales.

These are not like the heavy gunboats from yesterday.

These are corrected grain, and no nails in heels or soles. Much lighter and definitely more mid tier quality.

Heels are rubber as well. The soles are not the double layer like the iconic model @davidVC and I wore yesterday.

Also these are my size (8.5eee) so fit is really good.

Several rounds of Bick 4, and then Venetian shoe cream worked nicely.

Nevertheless, a nice vintage shoe find! Happy Friday, brothers!

IMG_20180622_071235.jpg

IMG_20180622_071246.jpg

IMG_20180622_071531.jpg

IMG_20180622_071539.jpg

Last edited:

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainy day so I wore my $25 project NB LWB.

I liked the colors better when I was at home.
0622180941.jpeg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rainy day so I wore my $25 project NB LWB.

I liked the colors better when I was at home. View attachment 993958

Those are great shoes for $25. How do you find Nunn Bush's fit relative to say 92604?

I only have the 1 pair of PTB pebbled leather. And I'm pretty sure they're made in Canada due to the lettering system used for the sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads