• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stetson was spot on! I think that's definitely it based on a couple other pairs I looked at after you suggested it. I'll get some more pictures of the others, Cole Haan Imperial is close but not quite it I don't think. I really appreciate everyone who's replied to help! I haven't been on SF in years, but this is reminding me how good of a place it is.

This thread is definitely the best place on the internet. Avoid the political threads.... they inevitably get ugly and personal.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You speaking well of them on this forum is what put them on my radar. That was also the case with Sibley's Detroit. The Sibley's shoes are one of my best-fitting, most comfortable pairs. I have a feeling these Executive Imperials will be as well.
Your tier 2 recommendations have been great for me!
I'm humbled that an internet stranger would seriously consider my opinion on anything. Especially shoes.

The Sibley of Detroit pair that I own, was made by Dexter. I own 2 pairs of Dexter and 1 pair of Sibley. Excellent fit and another awesome tier 2 maker.

Also look at Stuart McGuire as they had various lines. Mostly tier 2 and 3. I also enjoy my Sears by Jarman.

I believe most Sears branded shoes made in the US were either manufactured by Jarman or Hanover. Other members own those gems so I'll let them chime in.

memoriastoica

Reaction score
I'm humbled that an internet stranger would seriously consider my opinion on anything. Especially shoes.

The Sibley of Detroit pair that I own, was made by Dexter. I own 2 pairs of Dexter and 1 pair of Sibley. Excellent fit and another awesome tier 2 maker.

Also look at Stuart McGuire as they had various lines. Mostly tier 2 and 3. I also enjoy my Sears by Jarman.

I believe most Sears branded shoes made in the US were either manufactured by Jarman or Hanover. Other members own those gems so I'll let them chime in.
I bought Executive Imperials because of your recommendations as well. I now have 2 pairs, both are wonderful shoes.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought Executive Imperials because of your recommendations as well. I now have 2 pairs, both are wonderful shoes.
Both of my pairs are from the EI line. Enjoy them!

MathMan314

Reaction score

You are an influencer of the vintage shoe world! I appreciate the collective wisdom of this group. Knowledge from this group has helped me to find some nice pairs.

I too have some Sears by Jarman that I enjoy. Another comfortable pair with a great fit and a solid build. 'Twas one of my first vintage longwings and is still one of my mosy frequently worn. I suspect my other pair of Sears was made by Hanover in the 90s.

This discussion really makes me appreciate the tier 2 (and 3) shoes of the vintage world. Still better than most shoes on the market today, they can be found for almost no cost. I think most of my tier 2/3 shoes have been under 20 USD. They make superb "workhorse" shoes that can handle whatever you throw at them.

vestbash

Reaction score
This thread is definitely the best place on the internet. Avoid the political threads.... they inevitably get ugly and personal.

If correct, I'm putting quite a large feather in my cap on that ID.

On the 2nd pair, Taylor Made Imperial is also an option, they merged with Cole Haan at some point so the markings are similar. There were several companies in and around the Brockton, MA area that made shoes that all have similar stamps. I'm not an expert so I'm just poking around in the dark on this topic.

Without a logo to ID or distinctive size markings, you can still figure out who made the shoes. For example the Taylor Made/ Cole Haan Imperial heels are very distinctive because they are thick leather bends and the heel has an angular shape at the breast that angles backwards towards the back of the shoe, sorry for the probably confusing explanation and much easier to understand what I mean with a photo example. If you upload some more shoe pics it would help a lot.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Behind on posting for the week. Evidently, I was on a shell cordovan theme for shoe choices.

I declared “Walton Wednesday” and broke out the cognac shell split toes.

IMG_1660.jpeg

On Thursday, I opted for the Alden shell NST (vintage violation).

IMG_1664.jpeg

Today, I grabbed the Florsheim 97626 in color #8.

IMG_1670.jpeg

vestbash

Reaction score

MathMan314

Reaction score
Vintage violation, but I came across these AE for a steal and decided to get them to bring back to life. I did not know the model, and the uppers looked as though the previous owner spent much of his time kicking things and/or people. But, the soles/heels were in good shape.
20230809_233722.jpg

My original intent was to re-dye the shoes and try to get the uppers looking as new as possible. Well...they sat around for a while, and I got lazy, so I just decided to see how far shoe cream would take me. I think they ended up being presentable.
20230810_174802.jpg

I cleaned the uppers with acetone and then used several rounds of Lexol conditioner, AE Bourbon shoe polish, and Meltonian light brown shoe cream.

The model is the Madison Ave., which the internet says is a lower-tier AE made for Nordstrom. Definitely not vintage. But, they fit great and will find a place in my rotation. Maybe some day I'll find the ambition to do a full strip/re-dye.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage violation, but I came across these AE for a steal and decided to get them to bring back to life. I did not know the model, and the uppers looked as though the previous owner spent much of his time kicking things and/or people. But, the soles/heels were in good shape.
View attachment 2006755
My original intent was to re-dye the shoes and try to get the uppers looking as new as possible. Well...they sat around for a while, and I got lazy, so I just decided to see how far shoe cream would take me. I think they ended up being presentable.
View attachment 2006759
I cleaned the uppers with acetone and then used several rounds of Lexol conditioner, AE Bourbon shoe polish, and Meltonian light brown shoe cream.

The model is the Madison Ave., which the internet says is a lower-tier AE made for Nordstrom. Definitely not vintage. But, they fit great and will find a place in my rotation. Maybe some day I'll find the ambition to do a full strip/re-dye.

This reminds me that I should bring back the shoe revival competition I used to run.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage shoes and watch.

One of the last pairs assembled in the US. Paracord laces to give them an extra pop.

This Seiko is a predecessor of the SKX007 with the special Peanuts Gang put on the dial.

20230813_104036.jpg
20230813_104022.jpg
20230813_104056.jpg

madeinbogota

Reaction score
On the first shoe, I have seen vintage Stetson's with markings similar to what is shown. I've only seen older hand made shoes with markings like that, so that leads me to believe they are a quality true vintage pair.

On the second, they are reminiscent of something like a Cole Haan Imperial or similar period shoes from the 1960s or so, however the markings are far more visible than I am used to which is odd.

Here's a few more pics of them (included the sizing markings again for good measure). Cats Paw heel caps, no distinguishable markings on the insoles, really gorgeous skin throughout though. Any help on deciphering a maker appreciated!

Edit: added a pic of the heels too after reading the thread a bit more, hopefully that can help someone with some knowledge.

Attachments

• GATOR.jpg
    GATOR.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Gator2.JPG
    Gator2.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Gator3.JPG
    Gator3.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Gator4.JPG
    Gator4.JPG
    219 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 58

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads