• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

slimjohnil6

Reaction score
Hoping one of you gentlemen could offer a suggestion on shipping a pair of shoes from Canada to The Netherlands- (Holland). Would you just use Canada Post or another shipping service? Thanks....

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping one of you gentlemen could offer a suggestion on shipping a pair of shoes from Canada to The Netherlands- (Holland). Would you just use Canada Post or another shipping service? Thanks....

If you live in GTA, this is a great company to use for shipping:

Cheap and efficient. They use the main companies like CP, FedEx, UPS, etc. But CBP has a cheaper price.

You can also get a US mailing address through them. Been using them for years, shipping al over the world. Recently shipped a pair of shoes to Japan for $30 CAD.

Shipped about 15 pairs of shoes to Manitoba for under $40.

slimjohnil6

Reaction score
I have had 100% success using Canada Post to Europe.

Cheap and efficient. They use the main companies like CP, FedEx, UPS, etc. But CBP has a cheaper price.

You can also get a US mailing address through them. Been using them for years, shipping al over the world. Recently shipped a pair of shoes to Japan for $30 CAD.

Many thanks gentlemen! Enjoy your Sunday!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn! That’s a great collection! A couple of nice Balmorals in there!

Share the details! What are they. I like all the colors! But, my eyes were definitely drawn to the top left and that good looking brown pair.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had 100% success using Canada Post to Europe.

If you open a FedEx account, you will get a discount. I don’t remember how much. But, any discount is a savings!

jpm1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn! That’s a great collection! A couple of nice Balmorals in there!

Share the details! What are they. I like all the colors! But, my eyes were definitely drawn to the top left and that good looking brown pair.
Top row: Alden 977 LWB w/cleat 1975, 1940s Nunn Bush Commander, Alden 646 Atom Blucher

middle row: early 60s AE Weymouth, Hanover Turf lwb 1970

front: Cordwainer Wright

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top row: Alden 977 LWB w/cleat 1975, 1940s Nunn Bush Commander, Alden 646 Atom Blucher

middle row: early 60s AE Weymouth, Hanover Turf lwb 1970

front: Cordwainer Wright

Ahh. That makes sense why I like the Hanover! It’s that cool brown/green color!

I suppose until I can find the green Florsheim in Weathered Moss or Forest, I can keep my eyes out for the Hanover Turf.

Great collection!

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I've been watching about this early 1900s spade sole boots for over 6 months. It currently has over 50 watchers but no one has pull the the trigger.

1602428258533.png

What do you guys think. Would you buy and wear if your size?

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I been watching about this early 1900s spade sole boots for over 6 months. It currently has over 50 watchers but no one is pull the the trigger.

View attachment 1475097

I think if someone tried those on, they would rip apart. Look how dry and cracked they are.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I been watching about this early 1900s spade sole boots for over 6 months. It currently has over 50 watchers but no one is pull the the trigger.

View attachment 1475097

I think if someone tried those on, they would rip apart. Look how dry and cracked they are.
+1 to @Nobleprofessor - I think even handling them wrong would make the shafts disintegrate. I'd be surprised if they survived shipping without serious damage.

CWOyaji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody here tell whether these are GY welted or Blake stitched? [EDIT] Norwegian stitch, see here: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...egna-goyser-big-stitch-big-welts-only.235443/
5C0E50D4-AD0F-4989-A103-7DD6A7BF3589.jpeg
34C6C062-CCD4-4271-987C-20134A36CC22_1_201_a.jpeg

I thrifted them yesterday and for a moment though I'd stumbled on yet another pair of Alden 990s like my favorite pair on the right here.
B5DB8CDD-9FAC-4273-A848-53A07AA0D9CC_1_201_a.jpeg

But they're the better kind of CG, and 10 1/2 D if anyone is interested.
86CF2DE7-A2B4-417E-8C14-AEEFB49572D3.jpeg

Double oak soles, combination heels, these have it all going on but why couldn't they be shell? Gotta keep looking.
638BCD99-B99F-4123-9295-8315DA9F979F_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody here tell whether these are GY welted or Blake stitched?
View attachment 1475186 View attachment 1475187
I thrifted them yesterday and for a moment though I'd stumbled on yet another pair of Alden 990s like my favorite pair on the right here.
View attachment 1475184
But they're the better kind of CG, and 10 1/2 D if anyone is interested.
View attachment 1475190
Double oak soles, combination heels, these have it all going on but why couldn't they be shell? Gotta keep looking.
View attachment 1475185

I vote Blake stitched. That looks like a faux welt

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not shoe related but fashion related. I thrifted a pair of NWT raw denim jeans recently and it's time to start breaking them in. I know that you're not supposed to wash raw denim right away, but I also have a personal policy to wash clothes from the Salvation Army before I wear them.

What should I do with this conundrum?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not shoe related but fashion related. I thrifted a pair of NWT raw denim jeans recently and it's time to start breaking them in. I know that you're not supposed to wash raw denim right away, but I also have a personal policy to wash clothes from the Salvation Army before I wear them.

What should I do with this conundrum?

I don't have a clue, so if you get a laugh out of this, so be it. Dry clean?

I wash or dry clean all clothes I thrift prior to use.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babeef