• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
John McHale for Florsheim. Wearing them to cheer on Team Canada at world cup.

20221122_094433.jpg
20221122_094436.jpg

Satoman1

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea about the date of this pair ? Saw it on sale then I searched florsheim ptb on google and everywhere but couldn't find a pair like this
1669140729668.png

1669140826850.png

1669140940839.png

Satoman1

Reaction score
I’d say 1980s based on the sole and materials.
Thank you, I also think it's 70s and up. The weird thing is that I can't find any photo of a pair like this on google. Maybe a special order?

Satoman1

Reaction score
Picture of code/number
If I'm not mistaken, only Florsheim made in Canada write width to the left of the size number ?
1669143292742.png

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oshare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of a dumb question, but how snuggly do you lace your non-hiking boots?

Do you try to keep it as snug as possible around your foot and try to lock your heel in place?
Or do you loosen it towards the top to give it some play with each step?

I wore a pair of C&J boots last night and tried to keep it snug, but no matter what, my heel moves around a bit. Towards the end of the night I started walking really slowly to avoid getting blisters on my heel.

This occasionally happens if I lace my regular shoes too tightly, so I generally give a bit of wiggle room. But not sure how to handle it with boots. Advice please!

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you try to keep it as snug as possible around your foot and try to lock your heel in place?

I wore a pair of C&J boots last night and tried to keep it snug, but no matter what, my heel moves around a bit. Towards the end of the night I started walking really slowly to avoid getting blisters on my heel.

This occasionally happens if I lace my regular shoes too tightly, so I generally give a bit of wiggle room. But not sure how to handle it with boots. Advice please!

I usually tie my shoes tight regardless. Generally heel slip is a dress shoe, not boot, problem for me.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I lace my all leather work boots and shoes quite snugly, partly because I want them to move at exactly the same pace as my feet : ) but also, especially on new footwear, it helps to set up the footbed and upper to properly conform.
I’ve no idea whether this is the correct procedure but it seems to work for me.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I lace my all leather work boots and shoes quite snugly, partly because I want them to move at exactly the same pace as my feet : ) but also, especially on new footwear, it helps to set up the footbed and upper to properly conform.
I’ve no idea whether this is the correct procedure but it seems to work for me.

I'm with @ojaw on this one. I also lace up boots very snug and use double ian knot to ensure paracord laces don't shift.

If your heels move around too much, maybe this particular last doesn't work for you. Or try wearing thicker socks to see if that will help.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE St George jodhpur boots today
BCA1F614-9833-441B-A18B-0ABF80B893DF.jpeg
6805F479-2C95-4F20-AFB8-FF268816AEE5.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads