• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joe Wohkittel

Reaction score
Aren't the scales too big for that?
I'm not that familiar with it, but they get to be man-sized. I'd think it just depends on the size of that particular fish. Could be a different fish leather too.
Polish_20200811_000705788.jpg

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Mr.Fu @wasmisterfu

NOS and with guarantee.

View attachment 1438302

View attachment 1438303

Mine might be made overseas but the Essex leather isn’t bonded CG that looks like snakeskin in the blurred vision of closing time!?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be an outlier here, but I have never thought highly of dexter. Also, these are a few decades later than 1950s.

Dexter was always a tier 2 shoe. I have 2 pairs. They used cheaper materials, and QC was not strict.

But for me, they fit TTS, and are still better than most of the shoes in the market.

Given your extensive collection, I am not surprised you're not a fan. And despite my best efforts, I cannot find any of your pairs in my size.

So I guess we've cornered our own market.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is a golf shoe to street shoe conversion worth considering on a well made brand? Or are things done to the golf shoe that make it not a good idea? (beside the spikes ;)
I don't play golf but some of the shoes styling would seem to make good potential converts.
Thank you.

sam67

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm obviously surfing. Where is everyone? Can you share anything about Rossetti? Roll the dice? The shoe trees alone may be worth it. Is that spidering just old wax? (copywriting gave me a little chuckle) Thanks

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1ABCC588-9D67-4C11-9D74-AD07254474B0.jpeg

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is a golf shoe to street shoe conversion worth considering on a well made brand? Or are things done to the golf shoe that make it not a good idea? (beside the spikes ;)
I don't play golf but some of the shoes styling would seem to make good potential converts.
Thank you.

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Fairway golf shoes that were converted to street shoes. They are a black and white spectator with a geometric side panel, so they're kind of funky and rockabilly in their aesthetic. I have no issues wearing them as street shoes.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are listed as NOS Dacks, probably from the 1980s. What is the chance they're shell? Seller only included 3 photos in the listing.

View attachment 1439240

I would say not shell. There are a few fine wrinkles in the vamp fold that indicate calf.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.36.41 PM.png

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are listed as NOS Dacks, probably from the 1980s. What is the chance they're shell? Seller only included 3 photos in the listing.

View attachment 1439240

No chance they are shell. Dacks didn't offer shell for some reason.

I've bought from this seller. Over priced shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics