• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

schweezly

Reaction score
I'm a 9.5 E Brannock, and I take a 9 E in Alden Barrie and Van lasts (probably TruBalance, too, but I don't have any Aldens in that last yet). I ordered a 9 in my Vibergs on the 2030 last, and they fit great. In fact, I find them a little roomier in the toebox (both height and width) than my Barrie-lasted 994s, but length and instep are right on (and I have a high instep, which is why I like the Barrie last so well).

So what I’m gathering is...make sure it’s a place with a return policy. Wish there were somewhere near Chicago that stocked them but oh well. Thanks for the help!

benniejackson

Reaction score
New boots just in today. Picked up the Brown Split Horsebutt. Pictures from all sides to show the variation.

Looks like they did a pretty good job of keeping the pattern consistent on each boot. The tongue on each is possibly fully reversed. And the heel counters each are fully the rough out texture.

I have the DR slippers on the way too and wanted to do a post with both at once, but just couldn’t wait.

FAE89ECA-0E2E-43D2-9BBC-7E0F28948FD9.jpeg
8C6309A1-FB22-49A1-89B6-1B128A205E9D.jpeg
A9C66678-172B-4CCA-B858-5B16D5908780.jpeg
C3B5175F-72F2-4DFF-8A51-F1C24B47529B.jpeg
06C93894-36E3-4137-A888-704A129217AF.jpeg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what I’m gathering is...make sure it’s a place with a return policy. Wish there were somewhere near Chicago that stocked them but oh well. Thanks for the help!
I just read through the different answers you got to this issue, and it made me wonder if it's possible that different resellers' makeups differ slightly in the fit of a given Viberg last?

I bought mine (my only pair of Vibergs so far) from Division Road, and spent some time discussing sizing issues with Jason there, and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. I went with his sizing recommendation on the boot I wanted (the oiled mocha rowdy horsebutt on the 2030 last) and it was spot on for me. They also have a return policy (with the usual cautions about not scuffing the soles or creasing the leather). Might be worth a look.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
New boots just in today. Picked up the Brown Split Horsebutt. Pictures from all sides to show the variation.

Looks like they did a pretty good job of keeping the pattern consistent on each boot. The tongue on each is possibly fully reversed. And the heel counters each are fully the rough out texture.

I have the DR slippers on the way too and wanted to do a post with both at once, but just couldn’t wait.

View attachment 1210905 View attachment 1210906 View attachment 1210907 View attachment 1210908 View attachment 1210909
These are so damn cool. How does this new last fit?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1210905 View attachment 1210906 View attachment 1210907 View attachment 1210908 View attachment 1210909
Nice! I was hoping someone would post them soon. Lighter than in the Viberg photos but still awesome.

Last edited:

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
wearing away and showing the
I just read through the different answers you got to this issue, and it made me wonder if it's possible that different resellers' makeups differ slightly in the fit of a given Viberg last?

I bought mine (my only pair of Vibergs so far) from Division Road, and spent some time discussing sizing issues with Jason there, and he was very knowledgeable and helpful. I went with his sizing recommendation on the boot I wanted (the oiled mocha rowdy horsebutt on the 2030 last) and it was spot on for me. They also have a return policy (with the usual cautions about not scuffing the soles or creasing the leather). Might be worth a look.
not different sellers no.... there will always be variation in viberg even on the same lasts... ive noticed it depends on the leather used ie lined or unlined as well. Ive worn 1035s that are phenomenal and others that are borderline painful in the instep... i have 2030 that is the old pointy that is snug in my pinky and the same pointy last thats roomy as heck.. Shoot ive once had bluchers swapped out from them that were very snug in the first pair, and my exchanged pair requires thicker socks. .... luck of the draw tbh.. after owning 18 pairs.. you pick it up lol

benniejackson

Reaction score
These are so damn cool. How does this new last fit?
I’m a 9C Brannock and the 8.5 in this last fits me just right. I can wear light or medium socks. The length is dead on for me, I feel like I’m right at the end but also not cramped.
Knowing I liked the fit of this last was a strong factor in this pick up.

Nice! I was hoping someone would post them soon. Lighter than in the Viberg photos but still awesome.

They’re really a bit darker than they look here. I think it’s some camera trickery trying to compensate because it was overcast out. I’ll get another shot in different light.

InternetTears

Reaction score
I’m a 9C Brannock and the 8.5 in this last fits me just right. I can wear light or medium socks. The length is dead on for me, I feel like I’m right at the end but also not cramped.
Knowing I liked the fit of this last was a strong factor in this pick up.

They’re really a bit darker than they look here. I think it’s some camera trickery trying to compensate because it was overcast out. I’ll get another shot in different light.
What size do you take in 2050? Just trying to gather information as my MTO is on the 42997. I was affirmed by guy that TTS wouldn’t be a bad fit. I wear TTS brannock on 2050.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
check out the Alden seconds on shoemart

QUOTE="honestpanda, post: 9829836, member: 265651"]
I think I’m going to give that a shot, I know Lost & Found carries E width Barrie as a stock option.
[/QUOTE]

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those wondering what the Bronze shell looks like up close, guardedgoods has a wallet using it:

I am not seeing much difference from black. Is this something that needs to be seen in person due to layered dyeing and light refraction?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads