• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RossM

Reaction score
Rainy, boring WFH day means I decided to take a collection photo

View attachment 1849948

Left to right

Top row: Calvados shell, Crust CXL, BCC anniversary C8 shell, brown horsebutt, dark brown horsebutt, saddle tan chromepak 145s

Bottom: Green shell, hunter green taurus RO boondockers, marine field RO boondockers, waxed anthracite, midnight reverse kudu, pigment brown horsebutt stitchdown derbies
Your BCC anniversary C8 shell look fantastic! Great diverse collection.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20221028_161934.jpg

Teacore Shinki BCCs

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

xander_horst

Reaction score
I've got a pair of Iced Mocha Chromexel Service Boots and they need a little TLC. What is the standard care for boots like these? Conditioners, cleaners, wax? Is Saphir Renovator a go-to? Sorry if this is an annoying posts that people drop in the thread from time to time.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Iced Mocha Chromexel Service Boots and they need a little TLC. What is the standard care for boots like these? Conditioners, cleaners, wax? Is Saphir Renovator a go-to? Sorry if this is an annoying posts that people drop in the thread from time to time.
Bick 4 or VSC for CXL. Just brush and condition.

Skell6009

Reaction score

Any thoughts on this chart? I also have a pair of CXL boots coming in that will need some work, and I’m interested to see how the Saphir oiled leather cream will perform.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any thoughts on this chart? I also have a pair of CXL boots coming in that will need some work, and I’m interested to see how the Saphir oiled leather cream will perform.
I don't like this chart since it's him just marketing products he sells. I wouldn't waste my time on a saphir product for CXL. Its a leather that barely needs anything, just use bick 4 or VSC if you want a bit of shine. I use Ashland's Tanners Blend for restoration on older (like 5+ years no conditioning) CXL, but general care I wouldn't use anything besides bick 4 or VSC.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chief41510