• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mypants

Reaction score
Any photos or opinions on the blucher you guys want to share? The Loden Janus Calf Suede caught my eye…

I‘ve only had service boots before, two pairs of Chelsea’s and one pair of slippers (which are awesome btw).

7sport

Reaction score
Any photos or opinions on the blucher you guys want to share? The Loden Janus Calf Suede caught my eye…

I‘ve only had service boots before, two pairs of Chelsea’s and one pair of slippers (which are awesome btw).

I haven’t handled any Viberg bluchers myself, but was excited when they first debuted. I liked that they were unlined and on a single leather sole. I’m a huge Alden Dover fan, and they looked like a similarly great summer shoe option.

This latest iteration doesn’t really make sense to me. Now it’s a lined shoe on a chunky rubber lugged sole. I really love the Loden suede, but the rest seems like a bit of a let down to me.

And I say all this as someone who likes and owns a several Viberg Derby shoes (though my preference for these are the stitchdown examples built on the older pattern). I’m not sure what differentiates this current version of the blucher from the current version of the Derby shoe. I just had different expectations for the blucher to be a nice light flexible summer option.

Edit: I guess the patterns are subtly different. The blucher is a little more sleek.
078C3549-66B0-4430-97AF-ADE5B04CFD1F.jpeg

not as sleek as Alden’s version:
807A53F6-433C-4F98-8B1C-1807EF698F5D.jpeg

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably ruin all our old 2030 boots if it’s based on the new 2030 last 😀

Hate to bring up what sounds like old news, but the 2030 changed? I’m mostly an Alden guy but have always felt like 2030 in size 8 is my best fitting pair of footwear. Just took delivery today and these feel the same to me

Latest delivery from Viberg. There is a visible brass nail around the welt joint and waist area, hope it’s not gonna cause any problem. View attachment 1825052 View attachment 1825053 View attachment 1825054 View attachment 1825055

Same here. Went with the Chukka…….

C9ED7AA2-9058-4DDD-AC80-4A9248CC16D9.jpeg

It’s been a while for me with Viberg as they priced me out. Been looking for a chukka for a while and these hit many sweet spots. Nice casual vibe and I love ridgeway. Didn’t think I’d be a fan of the notched welt but I like it. Meh on the piping but for a casual boot, it’s ok. I’m very impressed/pleased with the little things. High quality plastic and cloth bags. Nice brush and most importantly, no welt nails.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to bring up what sounds like old news, but the 2030 changed? I’m mostly an Alden guy but have always felt like 2030 in size 8 is my best fitting pair of footwear. Just took delivery today and these feel the same to me

The TL;DR is that it was changed slightly, mostly to accomodate D and EE widths. In addition the service boot pattern was changed slightly. The last change is felt most with a service boot, but for other patterns it doesn't feel as different.

Most people won't feel a fit difference, but some do, especially if they're a 1 down from brannock in 2030. Its a "big deal only to the bergnerds" situation. Most people are still happily buying new bergs without worrying about the last and pattern adjustments.

Edit: lol that wasn't a very TL;DR summary sorry

sononchalant

Reaction score
The TL;DR is that it was changed slightly, mostly to accomodate D and EE widths. In addition the service boot pattern was changed slightly. The last change is felt most with a service boot, but for other patterns it doesn't feel as different.

Most people won't feel a fit difference, but some do, especially if they're a 1 down from brannock in 2030. Its a "big deal only to the bergnerds" situation. Most people are still happily buying new bergs without worrying about the last and pattern adjustments.

tl;dr old viberg good new viberg bad but will still buy them because viberg

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’ve noticed that the instep feels slightly higher on some newer releases and the toe puff is more pronounced. Not sure if either are intentional.

1661444152246.jpeg

Vs

1661444267654.jpeg

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very interesting. I’m one of those who go down 1 from brannock and these feel the same as all other I’ve owned. I guess the important point is that my newly minted Chukka’s fit perfectly as I am quite excited to have them in hand. Appreciate the detailed explanation. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78