• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diabolical

Reaction score
It's a great shot and yes, I doubt the boots will look anything less than badass; it's just curious why Viberg and most retailers don't do a head on/top down view to show the shape of the last.

I saw the top down view of the 1035 for the tan horsehide boot, and I wasn't a fan.
Here is another top down of the 1035

sklark23

Reaction score
Here is another top down of the 1035

I differ in my reasoning for not liking them because I don't believe clownish is an apt description. It is the unevenness of the last that bothers me. They are so poorly balanced towards the ball that it throws off the aesthetics for me. The last resembles a lower case b in its design. I am definitely one that does not prefer asymmetry to clothing/footwear, I believe it can be done well, but imo this is not a case of it.

The great thing about footwear is, who the **** cares what I think, if you like it, you like it, get it.

Aviv

Reaction score
I think the 2040 has all the things the 1035 lacks. They can look very similar but the 2040 is more "balanced," as you say.

sklark23

Reaction score
I think the 2040 has all the things the 1035 lacks. They can look very similar but the 2040 is more "balanced," as you say.

this is the 2040 for reference where you can see the better balance on it.

Personally I am still a 110/2030 fan but I agree with you that the 2040 has what the 1035 lacks.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the Smoke Reverse Grey Kudus on the 1035 last that I just received from Viberg. In my hand and overhead, I do see what you are talking about. From all other views, besides the rounder than the 2030 toe, it's hard to notice that imbalance. At least for me...But it is a rounder toe fo' sho'....

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Point-counterpoint, I find it curious that people like the 2030 so much. With a soft toebox they look like slippers.

phxaz

Reaction score
My toes thank me for going with 1035 instead of 2030. They need the extra room in the toe box. Hoping for more shell in 1035

jp2k1

Reaction score
Having multiple pairs in each last, I find that each last has their own appeal and there is certainly room for all of them for someone with an expanded wardrobe. Sometimes I find myself reaching more for one particular last over another depending on my mood and what look I am going for. That being said, the look of a particular last will make more sense in the context of the entire outfit, rather than just looking at the boot itself.

westie187

Reaction score

Here are the Smoke Reverse Grey Kudus on the 1035 last that I just received from Viberg. In my hand and overhead, I do see what you are talking about. From all other views, besides the rounder than the 2030 toe, it's hard to notice that imbalance. At least for me...But it is a rounder toe fo' sho'....
I have those boots... Love em. I personally like the 1035, I feel the 2045 is bigger, but is perfect for the brown waxed flesh MTO.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those boots... Love em. I personally like the 1035, I feel the 2045 is bigger, but is perfect for the brown waxed flesh MTO.

Yes, they are awesome...Have you sprayed them with Terrago Nano protector or the like? I just received a bottle of Terrago from Amazon..Leffot and Epaulet recommend and sell it so it must work very well...

westie187

Reaction score

Yes, they are awesome...Have you sprayed them with Terrago Nano protector or the like? I just received a bottle of Terrago from Amazon..Leffot and Epaulet recommend and sell it so it must work very well...

I haven't put anything on them at this point, but we've had no snow here, just rain. I usually just brush them with a lint brush. Works great.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
surprised the cordovan boots are still up. just ordered a pair as a xmas purchase for myself. 1035 same as as 2030 sizing, right?

Dino19

Reaction score
That being said, the look of a particular last will make more sense in the context of the entire outfit, rather than just looking at the boot itself.
Totally agreed. I always believe in the overall look & not just looking at a particular element, like pants, shirt, jacket or shoes etc.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy