• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deputychino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YuppieSkuppie
To everyone complaining about the price... what are you, in high school? Quality wise, they're worth every penny. Sure there's some diminishing returns between a $300 boot and a $600 boot, but that's the way it is with everything.

Those 4Horsemen boots are amazing, I've seen them in person. They're too narrow for me, but I had some custom boots made by Viberg for me instead. Essentially they're bobcats on their 110 last (same as on one of their loggers and their oxfords), with a dark reddish leather and a few little changes. I just posted them in another thread but I'll take any excuse to show them off. This is after a couple months of wear; they still need more polishing.

5437435255_5497e7982e_z.jpg

If they offered those boots in that configuration I would buy them immediately. They are THAT good looking.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
Those are my boots! I love em.
Hope you don't mind me saving/posting your images. I love them! Can you provide the specs? It's these boots that keep me from ordering a pair of Whites Semi Dress. I think the Viberg looks so much better. How old are they now? Would love to see some updated images.

nonissue

Reaction score
What's the retail on some of these? Are they always as expensive as the fourhorsemen collab?

YuppieSkuppie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
Those are fantastic. I like them a lot more than any pair of White's semi-dress I've seen (which I think would be the closest comparable boot). The toebox looks a little sleeker compared to the normal Bobcat, however. Did you have that modified somehow?

Yes, they're built on the 110 last, not the 36 last which the Bobcat uses. AFAIK they use the 110 for their Cruiser logger, and their Oxfords (I own a pair of them too). I have wide feet and this is one of the few wide lasts I've found that still looks somewhat sleek. Glad you like em!

YuppieSkuppie

Reaction score
Price on my customs was the same as the 4HM collab. The 4HMs have the advantage of you being able to try them on ahead of time though, and they look fantastic as well. Most of their non-fashiony stuff is $300-500, though occasionally if you're in there they have odds and ends that you can get for ultra cheap.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I found communicating with the Viberg people frustrating to the point of not pursuing a custom order. My inquiries, by way of a few e-mails, were answered by three different people with varying degrees of brevity/lack of attentiveness to what I was asking.

YuppieSkuppie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I found communicating with the Viberg people frustrating to the point of not pursuing a custom order. My inquiries, by way of a few e-mails, were answered by three different people with varying degrees of brevity/lack of attentiveness to what I was asking.

They're great on the telephone and in person, but as with lots of old-world manufacturers they're terrible with their online presence. Definitely gruff and to the point, but amazing folks and happy to do something custom for you.

Pair-rot

Reaction score
If you've never seen them in person the higher price point can be difficult to understand compared to the likes of say Red Wing. It's pretty easy to understand that the price-tag is warranted as soon as you pick a pair up though. Basically the most sturdy, long lasting boots available as long as you take care of them (like anything).

If anyone's interested, I've got a pair of lightly worn Bobcats just like these in a size 9 (fit closer to a 10, 10.5) that I don't wear as much as my other ones that I'd let go for pretty cheap ($400ish) ...
viberg-bobcat.jpg

I for one am looking forward to the next Neighborhood x Viberg collaboration that's rumored for next Fall.... The first one was ******* amazing:
Neighborhood-fall-winter-2009-Collection-viberg-01.jpg

Neighborhood-fall-winter-2009-Collection-viberg-0212-500x322.jpg

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vibergs pimp! i'm really not into motorcycle boots, but they got some of the best-looking i've seen. however, their "Service" boots are the ones i'm obsessing right now.

vibergbrown.jpg

viberg2.jpg

viberg.jpg

Islander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YuppieSkuppie
5437435673_73eddb8e8f_z.jpg

Originally Posted by Curious_George
Those are fantastic. I like them a lot more than any pair of White's semi-dress I've seen (which I think would be the closest comparable boot). The toebox looks a little sleeker compared to the normal Bobcat, however. Did you have that modified somehow?

+1 these are amazing. I would love to know exactly how you spec'ed these out. Really really great looking boot.

Kerrick

Reaction score
Today I've noticed photos of "Merlot chromexcel" Viberg engineers on a couple blogs and forums that seem to date from late last year. Are those available someplace or am I likely to be looking at custom pieces?

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^yup, MTO or you can chase them at the store that ordered the collab. there's a special thread on SuFu regarding a Viberg group buy [organized by Edmond, a.k.a. Demonito]. there are about 15 peeps on the list. just add yourself on the list.

you can pick the model, leather/leather combo & color/s, & trims [soles, heels, buckles, etc.]__ i.e., my specs for a pair of 5" Viberg Service Boots: capped "Work" toes w/single Celastic, bown Chromexcel vamp & uppers x taupe Bullhide [heel] counters, single leather mid-soles [natural color trims], Vibram composite half-soles, "cuban" Cat's Paw heels, all nickel eyelets, cut-top.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads