• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nareichert

Reaction score
Update on the all-black horsebutt pipe dream:

Viberg will not do horsebutt on bump toe lasts (including 2040 apparently).

I knew this was the case for MTO, but apparently it's beyond that now.

For those interested, what would your next preference be (other than 2030)?
Funny story. Viberg was doing a couple of repairs for me, one of them was supposed to be a relast to an unstructured 2040 on 1071 waxed horse butt... but, they threw in some structure and a bump toe. So they literally did just that 2 days ago.
1607723820679.png
1607723820679.png

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update on the all-black horsebutt pipe dream:

Viberg will not do horsebutt on bump toe lasts (including 2040 apparently).

I knew this was the case for MTO, but apparently it's beyond that now.

For those interested, what would your next preference be (other than 2030)?

2055, flat toe Munson

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny story. Viberg was doing a couple of repairs for me, one of them was supposed to be a relast to an unstructured 2040 on 1071 waxed horse butt... but, they threw in some structure and a bump toe. So they literally did just that 2 days ago.

When has Viberg ever been inconsistent lads???

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2055 unstructured works for me too

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shhhh don't jinx it. You want in or not?

It's not technically a GMTO anyway, just trying to get a stockist to bring it in as a makeup.
I have a black workshoe horsebooty pair on order from Wesco, but good luck with this ??

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big correction from earlier: horsebutt on 2040 is still ok; it's 310 that's right out.

Apparently something should be coming. No commitment on details or timing yet.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big correction from earlier: horsebutt on 2040 is still ok; it's 310 that's right out.

Apparently something should be coming. No commitment on details or timing yet.
So it's on hold for the time being?

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So it's on hold for the time being?
Not sure what you mean by on hold. Sounds like there's gonna be a make-up along the lines we've been thinking. At the end of the day though, it's a stockist's make-up and not a GMTO, so I won't be surprised if some of the specs are different.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by on hold. Sounds like there's gonna be a make-up along the lines we've been thinking. At the end of the day though, it's a stockist's make-up and not a GMTO, so I won't be surprised if some of the specs are different.
Ahhh I gotchya, a similar makeup is forthcoming anyways. That's totally fine. Can you share any more details about it at all? If not its alright. No matter what its something we'd need to wait on anyhow. The only benefit I can see is getting to preorder to reserve a pair.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
questionsgems