• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Donut

Reaction score
I actually own a pair of Viberg Tobacco Chamois, bought it this summer from Brooklyn Clothing.

Donut

Reaction score
They looked exactly like Alden's tobacco chamois when I bought them. Here's the best representation of the leather:
DSC_00058-1024x680.jpg

I can take some actual pictures tomorrow when the sun is out. My pair is much darker now because I put a layer of saphir renovateur on them. I was a little disappointed that it darkened so much but the leather is still very nice.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Haven't checked in for a while. Love you 110ers. 2030 is fine for a dressy look. I have Alden shell bluchers on the Barrie. I wear them for dressier occasions, but I don't like the look for everyday casual. The 2030 is really uncomfortable on me. The 110 is my fav. I think VB has included better arch support in the last pair of 110 oxfords I got. Extremely comfortable. These mushroom chamois 110 oxfords are my new fav.

View attachment 892143

Totally agree with you, as always. I have some Alden chukkas on the Barrie and they are definitely a dressier look, just as the 2030 is in my opinion. Most 2030 boots look like dress boots to me and under a pant leg, could almost be a dress shoe. There is nothing wrong with that and I'd wear them too except they pinch my toes in my normal Viberg size. I haven't tried upping a half size yet on the 2030 and if something comes out that I can't resist, I just might try it. But the 110 works well for me because when I'm wearing boots, I want the work boot look and not a slimmed down dressier look. I also like the more symmetrical look of the 110 vs. some of the munson lasts. I think the 1035 is a nice compromise between the 2030 and the 110. But you can't really go wrong with anything Viberg and at least they make something for everyone. Yes, I wish they continued to offer more 110 options, but at least they haven't totally retired the last and they can be had if you look hard enough.

Those mushroom chamois 110 oxfords are awesome - nice job! Did you jump on the Division Road MTO?

orionz06

Reaction score
You say that as though it's a negative. Those boots are based on Timberland's, which happen to be the most popular "work boot style" boot in the country.
Not a negative at all, I just don't seek out Viberg or Alden for boots like that. I like the trench boot look more and Viberg makes a killer bunch of them.

Dpr422

Reaction score
Mrfuzon- how do you like the new boots? Do you have other Vibergs to compare them against? I feel lucky to have picked up the last pair from this order- this will be only the second pair of vibergs that I have seen in person. The first was the Crust horsehide that I had to return. It was an amazing boot and hoping this natural bison is just has nice.

gte872h

Reaction score
I’ve been wanting to get a pair of Oxfords for a while now. I’m a 110 fan as well, besides it not having enough support due to my high arches. Found an older unworn pair in vintage tan roughout a half size up from my normal size. I’m planning on using an insert in order to get additional arch support I need. If the sizing doesn’t work out, I’ll pass them on to another user for the price I paid if anyone’s interested. They are size 10.5.

7DD98C0A-5ED1-4F8E-B4C4-9F85B6E76209.jpeg

Edit. Got into Viberg a bit later than some others who have been around a while. Picking these up in an old school makeup and leather feels like going back in time. Funny how I started out with the 2030, but these retro designs I wasn’t initially interested in have grown on me over time.

Last edited:

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something in life came up and as sad is it is I may be parting with my natural shell bergs from early this year or last year... I forget now. I wear size 8.5. I know this isnt for sale posts but given the rarity Id rather accept PM's from guys in this forum first.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people think that in the same way we 110ers think David Copperfield when we see 2030s. 6-7 years ago VB 110 oxfords were easy to get on several stocklists (and they had mostly wedge soles), now the sleek look is in. Most people here hate the wedge sole. I love it. With the last two MTOs at Freeman and Division Road, we that are out of vogue have a shot to get what we want. It's all good. As long as VB is making boots, I'm happy.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure the 110 last did not exist 6-7 years ago..? I think they debuted it when they first did the new site in 2013 or so. Most of the boots with wedge soles before that were, I think, bobcats..?

billymax

Reaction score
IMG_1058.PNG
I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure the 110 last did not exist 6-7 years ago..? I think they debuted it when they first did the new site in 2013 or so. Most of the boots with wedge soles before that were, I think, bobcats..?

I bought 110s from Inventory and Superdenim years ago. Here is one from 2010.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads