• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BHK666

Reaction score
After the Hopper,. I'd like to do a chelsea in a light colored roughout or in something like natural CXL, if allowed. I think that for a sidezip, a flat welt, or maybe a norwegian or split welt, makes the most sense.

I'm going to see if Viberg would allow me to do a preorder starting at our Trunk Show. I'd lobby for 2-3 makeups. Not sure, other than that, what should be on the drawing board. I was thinking one more rugged boot in a stitchdown, and another in something a bit more in line with their more "city" boots. Maybe even another derby. Thoughts, gentlemen?

Cheers,

Fok.

Dig it.

Would love to see another derby.

Rugged boot - maybe something that would go well with a mini-lug, or a sole not commonly seen on makeups.

Aviv

Reaction score
Dudes the goat side zip is dope. Must be rocked with tight stacks though, so don't get into this if you can't follow through will the necessary degree of dandy-ism.

Seriously GMTO with a sexy smooth leather. Bourbon colored. I'll pay today!

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... I could see the side zip in that tan horse that I had from a while ago. That, IMO, was an incredibly beautiful leather, if they still have it in. A beautiful lustre (horse is like that)

I like Guidi, and wear it all the time, but IMO, Viberg's strength lies elsewhere.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chelsea in non-black Camel hide
1f44d-1f3fc.png

Graemsay

Reaction score
I've got a couple of suggestions for a rugged boot.

The first would be something along the lines of the 4 Horsemen x Viberg City Hiker from 2011. It doesn't mention it in the link, but I recall it being an unstructured toe.

So maybe a Hiker on the 2040 or 1035 last, unstructured toe, no Thinsulate. I'd like a wedge sole, but a walking boot without cleats feels wrong. Perhaps something like Vibram Jankuat or New Boulder on a 3Sixteen-style stacked leather midsole, if Viberg allow it.

The second would be a Trench Boot. Fok suggested one in the last GMTO, but it didn't gain traction. I think that going with a wedge sole again (sorry, it's a fixation tonight), but something like a Gloxi Cut or Christy, could make for an interesting boot / trainer hybrid.

Lastly, if the GMTO programme happens again, then we really need to step up our sole game. The European and US Vibram Sole Factor catalogues have all sorts of weird and wonderful goodies in them. My favourite has to be the Christy in camouflage...

BHK666

Reaction score
What sort of derby did you have in mind?

Would be nice to see something black, even CXL, with a brogue cap-toe, something we don't see a lot of.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Side zip is natty cxl roughout would be incredible or maybe that flesh side kudu we used a few years back
Unfortunately a non-starter, since I think that that kudu ran out yeeaaaaars ago. But I'll see what there is in stock.

Aviv

Reaction score

Unfortunately a non-starter, since I think that that kudu ran out yeeaaaaars ago.  But I'll see what there is in stock.

A grey suede would be very fitting for the side zip. If we are going in that direction might as well go all out!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get ahead of yourselves, guys. Assuming I can get this to go through, I will present you with some leather options, and then you'll be able to discuss and debate among those. The reason is that the leather inventory at Viberg is changing constantly, and I will not do a GMTO where we have to use leather that may or may not be available.

Cheers,

Fok.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad