• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
This is what I picked up from the sample sale:

I hear they are having it in Los Angeles next year!

(just kidding).

Last edited:

ShootThePier

Reaction score

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to say mr porter's descriptions are sometimes inaccurate??

Vibergs are no longer described as "made in england" I mean what more do you want.

Last edited:

limonade

Reaction score
It seems like Viberg has been producing a lot of makeups with blind eyelets recently and there seems to always be a vocal crowd saying they'd still have a cobbler change them over to brass or nickel. Can't seem to find anybody who's actually gone through with it though.
Considering this myself, and looking for examples and reputable cobblers to take on the task. Have heard a few horror stories of cobblers botching the job on other boots, and want to get it done right.
I know of:
Randy the Cobbler
Sublime Goods

Anybody else I should look in to?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[/quote]
It seems like Viberg has been producing a lot of makeups with blind eyelets recently and there seems to always be a vocal crowd saying they'd still have a cobbler change them over to brass or nickel. Can't seem to find anybody who's actually gone through with it though.
Considering this myself, and looking for examples and  reputable cobblers to take on the task. Have heard a few horror stories of cobblers botching the job on other boots, and want to get it done right.
I know of: 
Randy the Cobbler 
Sublime Goods

Anybody else I should look in to?

Brian The Bootmaker I'm sure would do an excellent job. Everything else he does is very thorough and clean.

Ahoneshoes as well

removing blind eyelets requires unstitching the leather and restitching it together. so definitely want someone who is experienced doing it.

limonade

Reaction score

Ahoneshoes as well

removing blind eyelets requires unstitching the leather and restitching it together. so definitely want someone who is experienced doing it.[/QUOTE]

Good call on Ahoneshoes. I always forget about him, maybe just cause I havent seen examples of his work whereas Sublime and Randy have (or had in the case of Sublime) fancy instagrams.
Speaking of, was able to dig up this old instagram post from Randy, pretty much exactly what I'm looking for...might just end up going with him if he's available.
https://www.instagram.com/p/4nmBHsJ-c1/

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VibergSampleSale Friday Haul:
•ALL stitchdowns
•110 = 1 Chukka
•1035 = 2 Service Boots + 1 Derby Shoes

639B1FD1-36CE-48FA-B9BC-12511BE53F5E.jpg

89ABF656-F73B-47A5-BC9B-C6F82EB35810.jpg

Nothing fancy really, 'cept for the 1035 Black Pit Tanned Bison Service Boots, w/c were freakin' fabulous , IMO.

Set versus the black leather sofa__ visible complex hues brought out by the afternoon light from the living room window just convinced me they're my new bbf :) 'Fortunate to have handled Bison leather before, but not @same level of quality.

Had a short chat w/GuyFerguson & he said the tanning process is the same as on their famed + sought after shell cordovan. No quarter lining needed__ leather was as thick, if not thicker than the #HorweenCXL they use.

97A89DA9-7B78-48FC-825F-5AEC169581C5.jpg

35F93299-F30E-43C3-A94B-7E8DC2643051.jpg

AFDE92CA-6374-4D14-AE1F-1DBC92268434.jpg

Last edited:

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
If that's a Viberg box it better be stichdown or I ain't using it!
I believe all their boxes are hand stitched using ancient techniques passed down through the ages by Canadian artisans ;) I will say this weekend was the first time I was up close and personal with many pairs of gyw boots and some of them seemed quite nice. Definitely solid build. Some of the flat welts looked a bit weird and exaggerated in the toe otherwise not bad. I only bought stitchdown but wanted to provide the counterpoint of someone who is inherently biased.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
incitylimo