• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Versace tie authenticity check please

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by legendver2
Hi Osprey Guy, Thanks for the welcome! So upon doing some research, I've concluded myself that the tie is fake. That tie label is a fake, since it's usually paired with the fake lining underneath the tie that I recognize as fake. So I guess that's that. I also find it amusing how so many people thinks it's ugly...lol!
Its real, at least the tag is. Its a much newer Versace vintage but it looks fine to me, I've seen ones like this before. The label may be loose, thats all. You can post pics of it if you buy it to know 100%.

legendver2

Reaction score
So the tag is real? but searching through ebay, all the ties with that particular tag has the fake lining on the back. Please let me know if I am mistaken

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the tag is real? but searching through ebay, all the ties with that particular tag has the fake lining on the back. Please let me know if I am mistaken

What fake lining is that?

Versace makes lots of ties with lots of linings, I'm skeptical of that.

Hank Rearden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Its real, at least the tag is. Its a much newer Versace vintage but it looks fine to me, I've seen ones like this before. The label may be loose, thats all.

You can post pics of it if you buy it to know 100%.

By fine you mean it looks real to you not that it's a good looking tie, right? TS could buy this one for a fraction of the price and have a considerably better looking tie:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERT-TALBOTT-T...item25574d9e7e

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

legendver2

Reaction score
can you enlighten me on how you are able to tell if it's real? Always good to know for future references.
By fine you mean it looks real to you not that it's a good looking tie, right? TS could buy this one for a fraction of the price and have a considerably better looking tie: http://cgi.ebay.com/ROBERT-TALBOTT-T...item25574d9e7e
Obviously if I was looking for a plain striped tie, I could be looking elsewhere. I get it, you all think the tie's ugly for whatever reason, but like I said before, to each their own on what they think of a tie. I could think the tie you suggested is plain and boring looking, but that doesn't change the fact that you like it. I'm more into something like this: By fine you mean it looks real to you not that it's a good looking tie, right? TS could buy this one for a fraction of the price and have a considerably better looking tie: http://www.raffaello-network.com/raf...6234&rangeid=2 ornamental or some baroque design with a medusa head. I'm kinda over the striped, repeating pattern thing.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The label is indicative of Versace from the years 2003-2006. The white 1/2 medusa is Donatella's first incarnation of removing the legacy that her brother built. I would need to see the lining under the V-tip and the composition tag on the small end of the tie to tell you for sure, but that label coordinates those dates. The placement and font are correct, but the other indicators I mentioned above need to be seen for a full validation.

Like OspreyGuy, I have had over 200 Versace ties in my day, and that is not one I would wear.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
What do you mean a seller's shill?

Edit:
Nevermind, just googled it. -_-

Wow, I can't even get a decent response of checking the authenticity of a tie I want to buy? Maybe you veteran posters are just jaded by the amount of bs that happens on the forums, but seriously, my first post and I'm already attacked for whatever reason. And no, I am not shilling a bid or whatever. So if you guys don't have helpful tips to give, can you at least not label me and prejudge me as something I'm not. Way to welcome a new poster...

(I hope this post don't get flagged or deleted for being slightly aggressive. Just wanted a decent response to my question that's all)

quoting because you look like a tard. No one above the quoted post was a veteran lol.

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hank Rearden
Real or fake, that's a hideous monstrosity of a tie.

I wouldn't wear that thing in public if the seller paid me the buy it now price.

Dude, you stole my avatar!

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Jeez such hostility...

lol no, but if you're going to claim that "veteran" forum members are dicks and don't like n00bz you should address that to people who are repeated posters, not people with <100 posts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads