• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Velasca Shoes

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@NOBD
 do you normally take a G width in the Loake 026 last?

In terms of tightness in the size 42 Velasca, was it tight width-wise, how was the heel?

I take a Loake 026 8G and its a snug fit in the width and perfect in the ankle. Judging by your experiences it seems that the 42.5 would be best with Velasca. TIA

My Loake Kempton's are 8F, but they're quite snug. 42 Velasca was too tight. Yesterday I received:

Mb5Np91.jpg

in

XGEXMFt.jpg

I think they're better. Haven't really had the time yet to test them, though.

What is the name of the song in the video? :embar:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Enrico Casati, and I'm the co-founder of Velasca. I came across this post, and I'm glad to help you with any questions you have on our company. Our shoes are entirely hand-made in Italy in the city of Montegranaro, Marche. Our mission is to make luxury-quality products available at a fair price, thus the current collection ranges from 89 to 189 euros (including VAT and shipping both ways in Europe). Shoes are mainly Blake-Stitched.

I hope this helps and feel free to write to us on [email protected].

Best regards,
Enrico Casati
Hi Enrico, I am a bit confused:

"Our shoes are hand-stitched using century-old traditions of fine Italian shoe-making".
"Shoes are mainly Blake-Stitched.
"The stiching technique is called Black&Rapid" (Blake Rapid?)

"

Do you use cemented construction too?.

Could you please let us know if those different shoe constructions are for different models?

Thanks in advance.

Enrico Casati

Reaction score
Hi Zapasman, thank you for asking.

The vast majority of our shoes show both the Blake (Black is a copywriting error that I've just corrected) stitching and the Rapid stitching in their construction which allows for re-soling in the future, just like any Goodyear welted shoe. Some models in our collection, especially lighter shoes for the summer, may have Blake or Cemented constructions but we would specify that on the website product description.

I hope this was helpful!

Enrico

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any updates @NOBD ??

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new size worked for me. I haven't worn them much lately, since it's spring over here and I usually wear lighter-coloured shoes in spring. But so far, I'm happy with the shoes.

Some lighter ankle boot options for s/s would be nice. :)

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
: ) No, but autumn is coming, so I will start wearing them soon.

Snaap

Reaction score
Yes, makes sense :)
Anyways I would really apreciate a short review/update after autumn if you can find the time

fxsandman

Reaction score
Pictures are not as good as what @NOBD took, but neverthess chucking in few more shots of the chukka.

All unedited. Will try to post some edited ones tonight.

In first sight, build quality looks good and suede is okay. It's my first time with Blake-Rapid constructed shoes and also a first time with "long suede". Not sure if that's the right expression. It has a velvety,fluffy surface that I find actually quite nice.Other suede shoes I have are Meermins and Loakes. Both have rather flat surfaces. On the Velasca website it describes the leather as water-proof suede. Weather here in London will show if it actually is.

The last is a classic English round toe. It looks perfect with my jeans and chinos and probably look alright with some F/W suits as well. After all, it's the ever versatile "dark brown suede chukka".

Please mind the uneven exposure and the low contrast.

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I might want these:

7cPBecI.jpg

@Enrico Casati: are these longwing derbies on the same last as L'Artista? (Would you recommend the same size?)

Enrico Casati

Reaction score
@NOBD Thanks for the message, they are actually built on a different last that we've used on all the derby shoe models as well as the upcoming chelsea and derby boots ;)

It's rounder and slightly wider (maybe you can see it more clearly on the photos from above).

I'd still recommend the same size as we always test the lasts before we make them available on the website, trying to keep the same size across shoe models

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Enrico

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, @Enrico Casati. Wider sounds good (to my feet). :)

So, the length will be the same as L'Artista in the same size? I had to 1/2 size up for L'Artista, because I needed a bit more width; the length was fine before I sized up.

And your new plans for boots sounds good as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads