Velasca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by An Acute Style, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Enrico Casati

Enrico Casati Member

You're welcome! Yes the length follows the same guidelines as the shoe model "Artista"

;)

I'd love to see your pictures here if you decide to purchase them: the other ones look really good!

Best,
    Enrico

2. fxsandman

fxsandman Member

Slightly edited pictures with colours closer to real life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wore them for the first time yesterday and it is surprisingly comfortable which probably can be attributed to the Blake-Rapid Stitch construction and the Vibram outsoles. Looking forward them to expand their collection.

3. sanghun kim

sanghun kim Member

Hey.i'm kim far from you(south korea)
    while i was websurfing yestersay, i found your site by chance.
    and also realizied that i ordered two shoes(burgundy plain toe and dark brown ankle boots)already.
    I hope my order was right(usaually i wear uk8,us9 so ordered size 42)
    If you find any fault to my decide, let me know.
    I'm looking forward to my new shoes.
    Thanks.

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

5. sanghun kim

sanghun kim Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I found "Velasca" by chance during the web surfing.
    Usually i wear england and local brand made shoes.
    But I've ordered two shoes and Just these two shoes make me feel "Italy" eough..
    These are really nice shape, beautiful colour.
    i'm gonna be a Velasca's huge fan.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  6. Kochegar

Kochegar Active Member

Hi, guys !

I'm thinking to buy Velasca ankle boots. Are they comfortable to walk? Do they provide some cushioning?

I'm pretty knew to the world of classic footwear. I bought some brogue boots for a month ago and their rubber soles are stiff and uncomfortable during long walks.

Thanks!

7. sanghun kim

sanghun kim Member

Hey.
    I wear velasca brown ankle boots at office, usually i do not walk for long,....
    (walk to the subway station, walk in office building, to the restaurant...back and forth. )
    Vibram sole is comfortable so far. you don't need worry about.
    Thanks~

8. sanghun kim

sanghun kim Member

Hi.All~
    Happy new year.
    I have purchased Velasca's gift card .
    According to the gift card's explanation, it must has a unique discount code.
    But when i wote down the code on the card . it just showed the same amount Euro what i paid.
    Did i misunderstand the meaning of "discount code"?

9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I wear a size 8D across the board in AE shoes. Would that be TTS in Velasca? The only other Euro brand shoe I have are from Massimo Dutti and I take a 41EU in those

10. dresstokill

dresstokill Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the bepsoke dudes tassel loafers? They look really neat but to me the leather seems to be corrected-grain leather. It clearly states calf leather and not bookbinder like on some other shoes, though.
    Any experience or thoughts?

11. Kochegar

Kochegar Active Member

Sale 15% at Velasca site with code "WINTERSHARING".

I have bought 2 pairs))

12. Kochegar

Kochegar Active Member

Hi,guys!
    First, I am not an shoe expert, I have just started to dive in the deep ocean of "quality shoes"
    Package with shoes came 2 days ago.
    It took little bit longer than 72 hours to deliever the package, but it seems no problem to me.
    Packing was good, canvas dustbag for each shoe and blue Velasca bow).
    I ordered the same boots as NOBD did : suede snuff derby and dark brown ankle boots.
    Thanks to Velasca calculator, my shoes fits true to size. I have 28 cm feet, 9UK in Loake 026 (little bit loose fit). Here I took 8.5UK/42.5 and it fits like a glove.
    Derby:
    Colour is muted brown snuff, little bit pale, not so bold at it shows at website. Contrast black lug sole looks good and is soft to go. I was somewhat dissapointed with the quality of the shoe: Glue stains on the black outsole and on the leather insole and leather lining. Inner leather lining wrinkles at some places,insole peels off little bit, lug outsole has also some minor flaws. It's acceptable, but not impressive at all and doesn't match with Velasca slogans "Quality is a habit" and "Luxury shoes bla bla bla".For me it's ok, the whole impression is good, but not perfect
    Ankle boot :
    They are very beautiful!!! Well made, slightly better than derbies (after visual inspection). Have some small black stains on suede near the outsole. They are relatively comfortable to walk, but I personally would like little bit more cushioning at the heel. I reccomend these shoes, like them very much.

Price for derby is 210 euro (incl VAT), with 15% discount it is 180 euro, shipping is free. It's goood that Velasca has often sales. We could compare these derbies to meermin, those cost 160+20 euro. I personaly like the casual style of Velasca suede derby much more than meermin suede blucher.

Price for ankle boot was 185/ 160 euro with discount and free shipping. This is maybe one of the best values in the market of low-end shoes now.

I understand that Velasca shoes are not expensive and we shouldn't expect much, but those small flaws that I've mentioned , they spoil the general impression. It could be fixed. Otherwise we have beatiful stylish italian shoes with blake-rapid construction.

Hope that was helpful for someone.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  13. starro

starro Senior member

Quote:
    Pictures would be nice. And can you update us after a bit of wearing the shoes in? Leather quality and the sturdiness of construction I'm primarily interested in. Thanks

14. Kochegar

Kochegar Active Member

Hi!
    I live in Norway,we have plenty of snow here now . I start to wear these shoes in late March, I think.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  15. Kochegar

Kochegar Active Member