• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno. Kinda like the textures of the fabric I have seen in that composition for one and I read that rayon makes good shirting fabric as it drapes well, doesn’t crease much and it’s breathable so wanted to see if there’s a consensus on that. What size is the jacket? I assume the cloth is the Harrison’s mersolair? Rn my new dj idea is a two tone navy Harrison’s cape kid mohair with black shantung lapels...

Yep, Mersolair. Was paging through the book yesterday and saw the blend, thought of you immediately.

Rich G

Reaction score
Question...and please excuse my ignorance. I've got a couple of Charvet shirts made out of a kind of interesting cotton weave. Do you guys know what this is called?
SHIRT1.jpg
SHIRT2.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is the right thread but ...
I’m on a mission to find a lightweight fabric in bright blue / cobalt blue / French blue / electric blue prince of Wales / glen check fabric for a sports jacket. Overcheck welcome.
This will be for travel. I thought I hit the jackpot with a LBM 1911 jacket on eBay which was cotton / nylon but the colour is dull and from five feet away looks just like any of my several other plain dark blue cotton blazers.

I came close with some by Holland and Sherry from ‘Yorkshire fabrics’ but these are all wool 14 Oz which may be too heavy for my needs. Something similar in lighter weight, slightly more bold would be perfect. Please quote this post if anyone has answers as I don’t check this thread too often and if you can help the drinks are on me! Cheers!

Attachments

• 28BA1281-3575-4C36-A4BB-DA58936F91E4.jpeg
    28BA1281-3575-4C36-A4BB-DA58936F91E4.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 27
  • EA444AB4-9B27-432A-A4C2-7B0D75B8291F.jpeg
    EA444AB4-9B27-432A-A4C2-7B0D75B8291F.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is the right thread but ...
I’m on a mission to find a lightweight fabric in bright blue / cobalt blue / French blue / electric blue prince of Wales / glen check fabric for a sports jacket. Overcheck welcome.
This will be for travel. I thought I hit the jackpot with a LBM 1911 jacket on eBay which was cotton / nylon but the colour is dull and from five feet away looks just like any of my several other plain dark blue cotton blazers.

I came close with some by ‘Yorkshire fabrics’ but these are all wool 14 Oz which may be too heavy for my needs. Something similar slightly more bold would be perfect. Please quote this post if anyone has answers as I do t check this thread too often and if you can help the drinks are on me! Cheers!

I think Solbiati has some linens that would meet this bill. I have a linen hopsack in a solid French blue from them that’s gorgeous.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Solbiati has some linens that would meet this bill. I have a linen hopsack in a solid French blue from them that’s gorgeous.
Thanks - had a quick look, some nice solids but not an easy website to get around. Not even sure they sell fabric unmade. Getting something made up is not a problem as my last do mission came out perfectly it’s the fabric that is elusive.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
does anyone have any recommendations for a large-scale brown/grey PoW check like the examples below. Preferably something in the 8-11oz range...

View attachment 1370069 View attachment 1370070

Anglo does have a few oversized PoW in your range of weight. The formee i selected here is a slightly less saturated taupe, and the latter is a bit more muddy (but still cold, since there’s not much red hue in it) brown. See if you like’em.

2553F948-D51F-4919-A17C-59A96A14A392.jpeg

888BDAFA-73A7-4C5F-99F9-478E2503CC83.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads