• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks, I would prefer to sell all 5m as this makes this easier. But I am open to offers. For shorter lengths, the price will go up slightly to account for admin and the potential for cloth wastage.

This is a custom run of Fresco not seen in the normal books. It was done as a special favour to me.

Any questions, fire away,

B

Renton

Reaction score

Hi guys,

Thanks, I would prefer to sell all 5m as this makes this easier. But I am open to offers. For shorter lengths, the price will go up slightly to account for admin and the potential for cloth wastage.

This is a custom run of Fresco not seen in the normal books. It was done as a special favour to me.

B

Do you have any pictures, I might take all 5 meters off your hands.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be an interesting idea for a re-run, in case of sufficient interest?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

B

That sounds good! can we make a deal?

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

B

Which weight is it? the 9/10z?

Might also be interested, either in the original or perhaps a re-run.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also selling some fabric, links are in my sig.

-Suiting length of Minnis Classic charcoal and Dugdale charcoal PoW

-Jacketing length of Fox navy flannel and Hardy Riviera black/white herringbone

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
To all those who enquired on the windowpane Fresco, I'm expecting pictures from Minnis.

A re-run might be possible.

Weight is 9/10 indeed.

Would prefer all 5m to be sold.

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
Remember the custom run glenplaid linen I organised with WBill a while back ?

Well, the test suit made up from it was completed a month ago, and has been worn hard at least ten times by now. The cloth wears and drapes beautifully.

The suit here is uncanvassed and completely unlined with piped seams throughout, which requires a stout cloth. Just admire the lapel rolls even with no canvas within. Suit has been washed twice so far with no shrinkage.

I still have a few metres of this linen if anyone is interested.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an unfunded liability, soon to be funded - a charcoal herringbone tweed, 17 oz., from the Dugdale tweed collection. I was initially thinking a single breasted notch lapel with vest, but I've really gotten into double breasted suits in the last year and prefer them. Is a tweed double breasted suit an oxymoron? The fabric is pretty conservative for tweed.

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have an unfunded liability, soon to be funded - a charcoal herringbone tweed, 17 oz., from the Dugdale tweed collection. I was initially thinking a single breasted notch lapel with vest, but I've really gotten into double breasted suits in the last year and prefer them. Is a tweed double breasted suit an oxymoron? The fabric is pretty conservative for tweed.

This.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had these two saved, don't know if the same #, but I think fabric is pretty great in my very limited experience.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is a tweed double breasted suit an oxymoron?

Here's a picture of the tweed. It is darker in real life, a true charcoal. Also it's not finished like a typical Harris tweed. It isn't "slick" and it isn't imitation tweed like Glorious Twelfth, but it is not as rough as most tweeds I've seen. If I had to compare it to something, I'd say it's the tweed version of worsted flannel, with Harris tweed being the woolen flannel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads