• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His comments afterwards were hilarious. He said he was pushed out and he couldn't get back up because he hurt his ankle. I guess if pushed out with an opponents fist to the face then he's technically correct.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gennady GolovkinVerified account ‏@GGGBoxing 6m6 minutes ago

It's official, I'm fighting Danny Jacobs on March 18 at MSG @thegarden NY on HBO ppv, see you there!

Caligula77

Reaction score
First non PPV fight on HBO is David Lemieux vs Curtis Steven. Two action fighters, there should be a lot of fireworks.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If Canelo/De La Hoya is to be believed, GGG is next after JCCjr

canelo promotions ‏@canelopromotion Jan 13

Gladly we take care of them!
Already signed the first @jcchavezjr1

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boxers Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr have put their money where their mouths are – about $45 million of it.

The middleweights got a bit carried away on live TV. Chavez, who was in line for a guaranteed $9 million, suggested it should be a winner-takes-all bout.

Canelo, with by far the most to lose at $36 million, said sure, because he’ll “will win” anyway.

Then when Chavez looked like he was going cold on it, Canelo reminded him he stood far less to lose.

“I’m giving you an advantage on this bet, because I’m making four times as much as you anyway,” he said.

The Spanish TV show host seized the moment.

“I know both of you are gentlemen, so how about you guys agree the bet and shake on it here on the show?”

So the pair did.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I must say....some great/some solid high profile fights coming up. I believe all of these dates are correct:

-Garcia vs Thurman(March 4, 2017)

-Haye vs Bellew(March 4, 2017)

-Malignaggi vs Eggington will be on the above undercard.

-Stevens vs Lemieux(March 11, 2017)

-GGG vs Jacobs(March 18, 2017)
(I will be at ^^ this one!)

-Carlos Cuadras and Chocolatito will also fight on the above card...though not against each other. Chocolatio's fight is the co main event.

-Joshua vs Klitschko(April 29, 2017)

-Canelo vs JCC Jr(May 6, 2017)

-Brook vs Spence(May 20, 2017. I believe this is/has been moved to May 27 so as to not conflict with Khan vs Pac.)

-Khan vs Pacquiao(May 20, 2017 in the UAE...for now......May 19, 2017 US time)

There are some other notable names fighting in the next few months: Crawford. Lomachenko. Solid fight schedule!

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah year is looking good so far.

Not sure how well the Pac/Khan fight will sell on PPV being on a Friday in the US, his PPV numbers hasn't been great that HBO didn't want to pick it up.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah year is looking good so far.

Not sure how well the Pac/Khan fight will sell on PPV being on a Friday in the US, his PPV numbers hasn't been great that HBO didn't want to pick it up.

Totally agree re Pac/Khan especially with the Canelo vs JCC Jr fight a few weeks before and Memorial Day wknd the following wknd. Arum will say that it did incredible numbers regardless.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Khan sells UK views though, doesn't he? Aside from whether it sells, it's a good fight IMO.

He does sell. But Pac is what will drive those buys....at least that is what Arum/Pac think.

And you are 100%....it is a good fight. Khan can really rebound his career with a big time win.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do they have PPVs in the UK?

Khan will sell and I do think it is probably the best fight for the two of them right now.

But the sale in the US PPVs are huge part of the $$$ they make too. I'd understand if Pac was still selling like his peak days then they could do a Friday fight but with his numbers already on a decline, I am not sure it's a good idea to lose some of those buys.

I mean yes they will still make money and they might possibly beat his last PPV numbers because Khan is a bigger name but I still can't help but feel that they are leaving a lot of money on the table by doing it on a Friday. His last match only did ~200k buys iirc.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do they have PPVs in the UK?

Khan will sell and I do think it is probably the best fight for the two of them right now.

But the sale in the US PPVs are huge part of the $$$ they make too. I'd understand if Pac was still selling like his peak days then they could do a Friday fight but with his numbers already on a decline, I am not sure it's a good idea to lose some of those buys.

I mean yes they will still make money and they might possibly beat his last PPV numbers because Khan is a bigger name but I still can't help but feel that they are leaving a lot of money on the table by doing it on a Friday. His last match only did ~200k buys iirc.

No clue as to the first question.

I REALLY would like to see Khan win big. I mean, he should not go into this fight intimidated at all after stepping up to fight Canelo. But once again, he needs to not get caught big...which will always be his downfall.

I don't even watch Pac fights anymore. I will watch it though...as well as all of the fights listed above. A good few months for fight fans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads