• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two Great Recent Looks From the Sartorialist

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are both awesome pics. Nice work, Scott! First gentleman is Angus Cundey, proprietor of Henry Poole & Co.
eng1ul7.jpg
Second is an unidentified man. Love the trousers, although i wish they were cuffed and cut a tad bit fuller.
litepantsoa4.jpg

tbabes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Direct pic links don't work off blogger (you're seeing it from your cache; I see 'X's). You need to give the post URLs.
I see pictures; the pants look a bit short for my taste!

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Ah, now they're there. That sneaky Connemara edited the post!
patch[1].gif

I agree that the trousers are too tapered, but I bet emorel likes 'em!
biggrin.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. The second guy's pants are short for my taste, and the scarf looks goofy, but everything else is very nice. The combinations of patterns in both pics and the colors of the second (and maybe first?) are very nice indeed.

GreyFlannelMan

Reaction score
I especially like the should heads on Mr Cundey's jacket.

In the second, I don't find the pants too short per se, but I don't care for the short pants with those shoes for some reason.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ankles on the trousers in the second picture are extremely narrow. I think the severity of the fit is emphasized by the strong contrast between the shoes and white pants.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can file that first one under "generic Savile Row suit." A nice look, as well it should be.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The shoulders on the second jacket are freaking awesome. In fact the whole jacket is pretty much perfect. And the Stowe-style monks are pretty sweet, I would guess Lattanzi or some other Italian version of that style.

Fabro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Those pants look very odd. Above the knee and below the knee look like they are from two different styles.

Now that you point it out--yeah, there is something very strange going on there. Overall though, like the look and really like the jacket.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i would hazzard a guess and say the second pictures JKT is from Rubinacci or another nepolitean tailor judging from the lapel gorge shoulders and other styling patch pockets it looks very simular to iammatt's Rubinacci sport coat just not as nice a fabric thro' IMHO!

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
would hazzard a guess and say the second pictures JKT is from Rubinacci
I was thinking the same thing, but haven't seen enough of their work to really speak to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads