1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Top Chef All Stars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Manton, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

unfortunately, elia's attitude is all too common these days. people read two books and a facebook post, shop at a farmers market and think they know all there is to know about agriculture.

In her defense, I think Tom had it properly diagnosed as an acute case of youthful arrogance and know-it-all-itis. I don't think she's a bad person or anything and will hopefully look back on this footage with chagrin one day. Even Marcel seems to not be as Marcel as he used to be. Did you catch him pulling up his hoodie in apparent chagrin?

2. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

We should set her up with NameBack

3. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes I saw him on a re-run recently, battle Chickpeas against Batali.

That sounds like a good show, who won?

4. sonick

sonick Senior member

That sounds like a good show, who won?
    Batali, but just barely. Blais had the advantage on Originality but Batali had it on Taste

5. A Y

A Y Senior member

This is one of the weirder cross-promotions: Angelo Sosa and Porsche factory driver Patrick Long:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

--Andre

6. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I'm in Philly this weekend for a wedding and having lunch by myself at Eric riperts 10 arts. Jen carrol came out of the kitchen and grilled me. I blushed and my first reaction was "omg I have to post this in the top chef all stars thread!"

7. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm in Philly this weekend for a wedding and having lunch by myself at Eric riperts 10 arts. Jen carrol came out of the kitchen and grilled me. I blushed and my first reaction was "omg I have to post this in the top chef all stars thread!"

[​IMG]

8. KJT

KJT Senior member

Very fun! What do you mean she grilled you?

9. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Well, I was the only person in the restaurant and sitting at the bar so I guess she was just checking out what was going on outside. We made eye-contact for a second but it was probably much shorter than it actually felt.

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

you had split second eye contact and you took that for grilling?

11. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

It felt like that at the time, but unfortunately I dont know how long the eye contact actually was because I forgot to record the seconds from my stopwatch into my logbook.

12. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

It felt like that at the time, but unfortunately I dont know how long the eye contact actually was because I forgot to record the seconds from my stopwatch into my logbook.

I don't think you understand what grilling means.