• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a similar experience with a crappy chef. I was at Mortons and asked for my steak Medium and the imbeciles brought it out Blue Rare. I sent it back and they served it to me Rare.
Never again am I going back to that ****** steakhouse.

I think you read it wrong. Lasbar was applauding the chef for refusing to overcook the steak.

Anything over a med-rare is overcooked in my book.

Hmmm craving some Japanese beef tataki right now.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Exceedingly noisy, exceedingly slow fart can on the way home tonight. Flew right by him. :)

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anything over a med-rare is overcooked in my book.

What's long with having a warm pink center rather than a cool pink center? Still plenty juicy and tender, but your food is actually warm all the way through.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

specific NYC centric food item I don't get:
Black and White cookies

^the cookies can actually look really tasty, but the actual taste and texture is puzzling.
for those whom have never eaten one: its basically a half cake/cookie thing that has "vanilla" and "chocolate" frosting on it.... the bad part is that the chocolate or vanilla frosting is indistinguishable in taste. so basically you're eating a flat harder cupcake. :facepalm:
you can see tourists' reaction of puzzlement and disappointment while they bite into and start chewing a black and white cookie trying to figure out what the hell they paid $3-$5 for.... sadly they should've just bought a cupcake

You're killin me here Larry.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's long with having a warm pink center rather than a cool pink center? Still plenty juicy and tender, but your food is actually warm all the way through.

If it's a really ***** cut, I think medium is passable. If it's very lean, medium rare is overdone imo. ;)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

specific NYC centric food item I don't get:
Black and White cookies

^the cookies can actually look really tasty, but the actual taste and texture is puzzling.
for those whom have never eaten one: its basically a half cake/cookie thing that has "vanilla" and "chocolate" frosting on it.... the bad part is that the chocolate or vanilla frosting is indistinguishable in taste. so basically you're eating a flat harder cupcake. :facepalm:
you can see tourists' reaction of puzzlement and disappointment while they bite into and start chewing a black and white cookie trying to figure out what the hell they paid $3-$5 for.... sadly they should've just bought a cupcake.

Look to the cookie, Larry, look to the cookie!

Picture+9.png

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Look to the cookie, Larry, look to the cookie!
tumblr_lby14flfIh1qd87hqo1_500.gif

fixed that for you.

seriously though, thats why I love watching tourists after taking their first bite into the black and white cookie.

they do it because of Seinfeld and then have that confused look on their face: "what the **** is this? cake? the chocolate and vanilla frosting tastes exactly the same...is this cake?"

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

fixed that for you.
seriously though, thats why I love watching tourists after taking their first bite into the black and white cookie.
they do it because of Seinfeld and then have that confused look on their face: "what the **** is this? cake? the chocolate and vanilla frosting tastes exactly the same...is this cake?"

Yeah, they have this weird airy, almost styrofoam texture. Very strange. Not our best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads