• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grown men playing with rc cars

I have a friend who is really into this stuff. He's sponsored, and he even travels to events. Prior to his involvement in it, I didn't realize it was such a well-developed subculture. Definitely a little odd.

Actually, on second thought, perhaps I should say I have a friend who was really into this. He's got a serious lady friend now, and he posted on Facebook last night that he'll be selling off his collection of RC cars and accessories. Despite his claims to the contrary, I don't think this is a coincidence. :laugh:

Eff this. Rc is awesome. I've never done it, but it looks really fun. He should ditch her if she's belittled something he truly enjoys. Women don't even have hobbies besides collecting... Your money. Photography doesn't count. My girlfriend is the antithesis of this common grinch. We jst talked about getting RC helicopters so that's what I'll be doing later. :slayer:

Flying kites is cool, rc is cool, ant farms, video games, models. :nodding:

I have a best friend who's complete **** of an ex would try to pressure him to stop skating. He had been doing it his entire life and was quite good.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Promotions company I used to work for sourced 1:8 size RC models of high end luxury cars for a fortune 100 company we did business with. Watching the fat 50ish year old C(E/F)Os racing them around the office in their somber conservative business dress acting like 11 year olds trying to impress their secretaries was possibly the funniest thing I've seen in the last two years.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PARTY ON.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hmmm
cuz water should be cold?
thinking about it i dunno. lukecold just bothers me. i figured everybody wants their water ice cold.

I always drink water without ice, and actually prefer it at room temp, I always have.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anthony Bourdain is such a phony. I don't buy this bad boy, brooding poet act at all. That's like how Billy Joel sings about being a street fighting motorcycle wildman. Right, you both have **** and look about as soft as beefaroni. I'd really just like to smack Bourdain around a bit just to watch him wimper.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Anthony Bourdain is such a phony. I don't buy this bad boy, brooding poet act at all. That's like how Billy Joel sings about being a street fighting motorcycle wildman. Right, you both have **** and look about as soft as beefaroni. I'd really just like to smack Bourdain around a bit just to watch him wimper.

what song is this?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I can't speak for Bourdain's cred per se.. but from what I know I'd venture he certainly has much more than Billy Joel and would wipe the floor with ol' Billy if it came down to it. Anthony has at least been around the block a few times (though I'm not defending his schtick), but personally I'll have to admit I kinda like him! :embar:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Billy Joel was a Golden Gloves boxer before he got into music, so, yeah.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Billy Joel was a Golden Gloves boxer before he got into music, so, yeah.

ummm... yeah when he was like 13.... until he got his nose busted and quit. Not exactly intimidating.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I can't speak for Bourdain's cred per se.. but from what I know I'd venture he certainly has much more than Billy Joel and would wipe the floor with ol' Billy if it came down to it. Anthony has at least been around the block a few times (though I'm not defending his schtick), but personally I'll have to admit I kinda like him! :embar:

His shtick is a character and I find the character entertaining.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ummm... yeah when he was like 13.... until he got his nose busted and quit. Not exactly intimidating.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
speaking of billy joel, I don't get why its "cool" to hate on singers like billy joel and phil collins. joel's "the stranger", "52nd street" and "glass houses" were very good pop-rock albums, and he's a very good live performer. and I respect acts like them that have made music for so long- which is well liked save for the hipsters and people who think that phil collins destroyed genesis just because someone in the interwebs said so.

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Phil Collins is alright in my book. Jilly Boel, however, is unforgivable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads