• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Asian people who wait at the crosswalk even when there are no cars in sight. It will be okay, just brave it.

pretty sure that's only japanese people in japan.
you should visit korea or china someday

not true... I lived in Taiwan for 3 years and witnessed this almost daily. Even at night when there isn't a single soul on the road I would see people wait for the signal. I often went to the grocery after midnight and would cross the street diagonally to the opposite corner instead of crossing one street and then the other. They would look at me like I was crazy... of course I thought the same about them! :nodding:

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
white people who dump soy sauce all over their white rice

Pretty sure that this is rare, if not completely isolated as well.
rolleyes.gif

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hmmm
cuz water should be cold?
thinking about it i dunno. lukecold just bothers me. i figured everybody wants their water ice cold.

no... many Asians (particularly women) believe it is actually unhealthy to drink ice water and they often drink it warm... my gf does it all the time.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not true... I lived in Taiwan for 3 years and witnessed this almost daily. Even at night when there isn't a single soul on the road I would see people wait for the signal. I often went to the grocery after midnight and would cross the street diagonally to the opposite corner instead of crossing one street and then the other. They would look at me like I was crazy... of course I thought the same about them!
nod[1].gif

I lived in Charles Village, right next to the Hopkins campus. I would be walking around late at night and see them waiting at the crosswalk of a residential intersection, cars being an extremely rare occurrence. I'd always see people just waiting there for the walk sign, alone, silence. It seemed so odd, like they're an effing ghost. I would just walk up to the crosswalk, pause briefly to look at them, and they would totally pretend that I wasn't there.

WAITING FOR PARENTS PERMISSION. ;-)

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no... many Asians (particularly women) believe it is actually unhealthy to drink ice water and they often drink it warm... my gf does it all the time.

They might actually be onto something. Whenever I drink ice-cold ice water, I can openly admit that it is not at all pleasant.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pretty sure that this is rare, if not completely isolated as well. :rolleyes:

you got me there. you want a cookie?

yeah i dont get this. i think its a chinese/taiwanese thing. when i eat out with chinese fobbish type poeple a lot of them ask for warm water. never seen any other ethnicity do this.

Last edited:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They might actually be onto something. Whenever I drink ice-cold ice water, I can openly admit that it is not at all pleasant.

I've noticed drinking cold stuff makes me sweat more and gives me stomach cramps. Hot tea year round for me.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fountain temperature is usually cool, not luke warm (at least when I usually drink it). The problem isn't when it's freshly poured into my cup, but 10 minutes later, when it's super warm.

Stop dining in hell. I've never had an issue with non-ice water being too warm in 10 minutes.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Grown men playing with rc cars

I have a friend who is really into this stuff. He's sponsored, and he even travels to events. Prior to his involvement in it, I didn't realize it was such a well-developed subculture. Definitely a little odd.

Actually, on second thought, perhaps I should say I have a friend who was really into this. He's got a serious lady friend now, and he posted on Facebook last night that he'll be selling off his collection of RC cars and accessories. Despite his claims to the contrary, I don't think this is a coincidence. :laugh:

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grown men playing with rc cars

:lol: this is a good one. I've seen grown men break out the RC car in a parking lot in front of women and actually look try to look cool/arrogant - like its something to be proud of.

if you're racing them in an actual sanctioned race, racing them as a hobby to share with your child, then its alright i guess. But the guys that will just race them around in parking lots aimlessly for fun... thats something I don't get.

disclaimer: from the ages of 8-12yo I was a nerdy, girlfriend-less, aZn child obsessed with RC cars. I eventually got lucky and found girls and organized sports from 13yo onward.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:lol: this is a good one. I've seen grown men break out the RC car in a parking lot in front of women and actually look try to look cool/arrogant - like its something to be proud of.
if you're racing them in an actual sanctioned race, racing them as a hobby to share with your child, then its alright i guess. But the guys that will just race them around in parking lots aimlessly for fun... thats something I don't get.
disclaimer: from the ages of 8-12yo I was a nerdy, girlfriend-less, aZn child obsessed with RC cars. I eventually got lucky and found girls and organized sports from 13yo onward.

He was 30+ and all alone in playing with it in a public park.

It's the 3rd time this week I see grown men playing with RC cars all alone, the one today wasn't even a petrol one, just a regular electric one, which just makes it even more sad.

I get it if you are playing with your son or nephew, but by your damn self.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads