Things you just don't get

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Jul 3, 2009.

1. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I don't understand the trendiness of straight razors. I understand the appeal of DE razors, but straight razors are more work to maintain, harder to use, and are kind of scary.

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

Straight razors always appeal to me. I really really want to act out Sweeney Todd in real life.

What I really don't get is why can I still not buy a frigging diamond tipped razor. F*&K Gillette and F*&K Schick!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  3. whochrisliu

whochrisliu Well-Known Member

Straight razors, safety razors. Who knows, nostalgia maybe, same reason I bought a little brush and mug set for my own Safety razor. I also like to collect/use vintage shaving and hair care products.

4. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I get it. They look badass.

The reason I have one, though, is because I'm a tight bastard and it was easier/cheaper for me to make a straight razor at my old job than to buy a DE, which I eventually did and use all the time. I was using the SE because I'm out of blades.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

What the fuck is wrong with you people? I agree her typecasted quirky-hot-girl-that-doesn't-know-shes-hot is very old now, but she is perfect looking.

I also think her music is quite awesome. I have seen her band many times. But then again, I am apparently a pseudo-hipster.

Still, she looks a lot like Katy Pery. But Katy has bigger boobs.

6. patrickBOOTH

I don't understand the need for the closest shave possible. I don't want a close shave at all. The closer the shave the more ingrown hairs I get. Every other day with my DE saftey razor is perfect for me.

7. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

On my morning commute I see a lot of the same people....

I've noticed that certain people buy the same magazines over and over at the News/Magazine stand near my subway stop.

I don't get why you don't just fucking subscribe to the magazine(s) and save like 80% ?!

There are females that buy US weekly, Vogue, People, ect ect in the fucking magazine stands religiously.... they could save like $400 a year just buy subscribing to that shit.

I don't really care about esquire/details/GQ but you can just google-fu places like (dealnews.com) and find whole year subscriptions for $7.00. It makes for perfect toilet reading (or when I need to unwind before falling asleep).

8. patrickBOOTH

I seriously think that the people that I work with spend their entire salaries on lunch.

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

and do they even eat anything healthy and worthwhile? or just overpriced, crappy shit? I never get this either.

10. patrickBOOTH

Of course.

11. death shot

death shot Senior member

I have to ask now... I was reading through this brief discussion and decided to stop by Art of Shaving after having lunch with my girl. I suffer from a bad irritated skin/ingrown hair problem post-shaving, so for the last few years I've just used a beard trimmer at the lowest level. When I went in, I told the fellow about the problem and he said that a sterile straight razor paired with the appropriate products will resolve the issue.

What's the deal here..? Do I use a safety razor, straight, what?

On my daily drive in, almost every day, I would see this douchebag with a license plate reading "FLY4SURE" weaving aggressively between people like a complete buns-head. The worst thing was that he fucked up his gorgeous BMW M3 with a BRIGHT PURPLE paint job, blacked out everything, and shitty aftermarket body work. I hate seeing people fuck up Bimmers.

12. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Magazines are shockingly expensive at the newsstand. Like, if you buy the magazine more than once a year, you might as well subscribe to it (for a monthly).

13. patrickBOOTH

The Art of Shaving is bullshit. They are trying to sell their products, which some are ok, but the worst shaves that I have ever had were done by their "barbers" at The Art of Shaving. Trust me, the closer the shave the worse the outcome if you suffer from ingrown hairs. Since using my DE safety and changing blades very often I have had some of the best shaves.

14. death shot

death shot Senior member

This isn't resolved any method I've yet tried. I haven't tried straight razors because of several reasons. I even tried an electric which was recommended by a friend with a similar problem. I'm just The Fly or something.

15. patrickBOOTH

Electrics never worked for me. I had to contort the shit out of my face for an hour to get it to work.