• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
I am one of the chosen people.

You're a member of Congress?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I don't know if that's what you are talking about but I used to buy my bagels from this old bagel shop on Brick Lane in East London (mostly an Indian/Pakistani neighborhood though) and they were leaps and bounds better than NY bagels. Different animal altogether, smaller, squarer, much chewier. No one would have ever thought of toasting them. Cheap too. I would go there after clubbing and wolf down a couple of bagels with cream and salmon and take a bag of bagels home for the next few days - fantastic stuff. Never seen anything like this in NYC.

This place:
http://www.tripwolf.com/en/blog/2010...l-bake-london/

yes thats the one.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my bowels are telling me to reverse my love of hummus.
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
No. That **** ain't kosher, man.

It must be hell following the kashrut in Japan. Probably hard to find a mishgya too!

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a sea bass with local vegetables that turned out to be broccoli with a rice pilaf that tasted like Uncle Ben. As I finished the fish and went for the veggies I noticed some cheese string things on it. No worries, could have been mixed up with broccoli au gratin with another order. I have ordered veggie fried rice before and found chicken from the previous order.

Except this time when I take said broccoli to my mouth, there is a strong minty smell from this "cheese". Yeah, I threw everything back on to the plate and contemplated gagging myself to throw it up.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know this isn't the place to post this, but I'm no Conne and don't want to start a new thread.

Anyone noticed that Alton Brown has been dressing a lot sharper lately? His suitings have been looking sharper as well as his casual clothes.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Another below average meal at a "renowned" restaurant. Why does food suck so badly these days?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Maybe you just don't realize when you are dining at the highest levels?

This week my ***** is the amount of ****** salmon I am served. I hate it more all the time.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Another below average meal at a "renowned" restaurant. Why does food suck so badly these days?

after you already ate at the highest level, everything else pales in comparison
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We're here for ya, brah.
inlove.gif

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last night, we ate at this place called Frantoio, in Mill Valley, Marin. It's good enough Italian food and it has this remarkable olive crusher in this room where they make their own olive oil - this all can be seen behind glass from the dining room. Anyway, I digress . . . my wife ordered this domestic pinot and noted that it was slightly corked. I sniffed it and could really not tell, and I'm pretty sensitive to TCA. She said that it was more on the palate than the nose (I still didn't notice in the taste) and called the waiter's attention on it.

So, he brought the glass of wine back and told her that they tried it and said that it was not corked, which sent my diminutive wife into "Tasmanian Devil" mode. She directed him to bring out an unopened bottle of wine and open it in front of her and pour her a new glass. Sure enough the qualities of the two glasses were very different. The waiter, however, insisted and pouted that the wines were the same, which is why I'm putting this episode into this threak.

My wife told them, and this really didn't help matters, that they should take the two wines back to the bar and smell and taste the two so they could "educate themselves on what a corked wine is like".

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
^ Waiter was an idiot. All he had to do was open a new bottle for her and foist off the other bottle on different people. Most people do not know the difference so he pissed you guys off for the cost of a glass of wine.

Now, if it was an expensive bottle, I can see a conversation over it. I've even heard of (but never been to or actually noticed) places that have an "order at own risk" policy on ultra expensive bottles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics