Things that are pissing you off- Food & Drink Edition

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kwilkinson, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Your biggest mistake was getting a bagel in Atlanta when the only places you can get real bagels are New York and New Jersey. [​IMG]

2. Alter

Alter Senior member

Your biggest mistake was getting a bagel in Atlanta when the only places you can get real bagels are New York and New Jersey. [​IMG]

And Montreal. [​IMG]

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Although I have to say I was up in NYC a few years ago and found this one shop that had just a divine bagel, and it was just a few minutes out of the oven (at most) with great lox, I paid $5 for that shit. Wish I could remember the name down on the LES near a Subway stop if that helps. Edit: Place had also won some best of NYC awards.

4. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

5. edinatlanta

montreal has great bagels too.

Apparently there is this place in the Jewish part of London that sells traditional bagels (so nothing like NYC ones) that are out of this world.

6. SField

SField Senior member

The internet is your friend, man. Probably save a few shekels by buying direct. http://www.soulfoodfarm.com/

ANTI SEMITE

7. edinatlanta

so i just ate a fair amount of hummus. It was OK and it got me thinking...while I quite like hummus, I don't get people who bust their nuts over hummus, especially when its just typically some shit picked up at the grocery store. its like just make some of that shit at home and it'll blow your mind how much better it can be. But still, its like it isnt going to be this sublime food no matter what. At least I don't think.

On the other hand, I don't get people who just hate hummus. It isn't like its going to overwhelm you with flavor, the texture is good....

Perhaps its just people with strong opinions about hummus.

I am eating grocery store hummus for lunch and goddammit if it isn't good as fuck. Serious.

8. edinatlanta

OK, some of these carrots have had a piny, citrusy flavor not at all unlike Warrior hops. Interesting.

Also, this is my damn hummus! Imma double dip if I want to!

9. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Korean CostCo story was seriously mind blowing.
    You should do more of this urban anthropology, Drew.

Orrrrr post in two months after you've popped your onions + ketchup cherry and can't live without it

Hung out with two cute Korean sisters and a guy last night, and I asked them about the Costco onions thing (and you know for sure that they knew what I was talking about, it's to the point that 'Costco' may very well be synonymous with 'onion plate' now in Korea), the answer to which was:

"er, well, you see... yeah, you know that.. well"
    "But does that shit actually taste good?"
    "...."

Perhaps it will come and go...

10. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

OK, some of these carrots have had a piny, citrusy flavor not at all unlike Warrior hops. Interesting.

Also, this is my damn hummus! Imma double dip if I want to!

If you only made this into an entirely new threak, I would call you "Conne Jr".

11. edinatlanta

So I ate too much hummus (and by extension, carrot) and now I have strong gastrointestinal wreckage in the pipeline. My farts have been ambrosially toxic. My roommate is hogging the bathroom (GET READY FOR WORK EARLIER BITCH) and it is just awful right now. I'm going to have settle in with a book and know that area is cordoned off for a while afterward.

12. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

So I ate too much hummus (and by extension, carrot) and now I have strong gastrointestinal wreckage in the pipeline. My farts have been ambrosially toxic. My roommate is hogging the bathroom (GET READY FOR WORK EARLIER BITCH) and it is just awful right now. I'm going to have settle in with a book and know that area is cordoned off for a while afterward.

I get this after a massive 2lb Chipotle burrito bowl with heaps of the red tomatillo salsa, this morning in fact!

Good thing for the people I live that I only get Chipotle once every other month or so...

13. edinatlanta

I get this after a massive 2lb Chipotle burrito bowl with heaps of the red tomatillo salsa, this morning in fact!

Good thing for the people I live that I only get Chipotle once every other month or so...

You heard of bombing China? I just mother fucking flamethrowered all of China. Like a random spray of machine gun.

14. Alter

Alter Senior member

ANTI SEMITE

I am one of the chosen people.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Apparently there is this place in the Jewish part of London that sells traditional bagels (so nothing like NYC ones) that are out of this world.

I don't know if that's what you are talking about but I used to buy my bagels from this old bagel shop on Brick Lane in East London (mostly an Indian/Pakistani neighborhood though) and they were leaps and bounds better than NY bagels. Different animal altogether, smaller, squarer, much chewier. No one would have ever thought of toasting them. Cheap too. I would go there after clubbing and wolf down a couple of bagels with cream and salmon and take a bag of bagels home for the next few days - fantastic stuff. Never seen anything like this in NYC.

This place:
    http://www.tripwolf.com/en/blog/2010...l-bake-london/