• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IIRC, you usually do the forklore on Sundays, or maybe it's Mondays but that's my day off so I don't realize what day it is. Anyway, sometimes they can be the highlight of my week. As pathetic as that is.

yeah, it goes up Sundays. Those are by my old buddy Charlie Perry, one of the more colorful characters around. He worked for us for about 15-20 years before retiring. he went to berkeley to study linguistics and his roomate was charles owsley. he used to go to college dinner parties with jerry tower and some chick named alice. he was one of the founding editors of rolling stone and was the translator when the grateful dead toured egypt. he's a regular at the oxford symposium and has written two books -- one a history of haight-ashbury and the other his translation of a medieval arab cookbook. he's working on another. in his spare time he writes beer bits for us and bakes cakes.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yeah, it goes up Sundays. Those are by my old buddy Charlie Perry, one of the more colorful characters around. He worked for us for about 15-20 years before retiring. he went to berkeley to study linguistics and his roomate was charles owsley. he used to go to college dinner parties with jerry tower and some chick named alice. he was one of the founding editors of rolling stone and was the translator when the grateful dead toured egypt. he's a regular at the oxford symposium and has written two books -- one a history of haight-ashbury and the other his translation of a medieval arab cookbook. he's working on another. in his spare time he writes beer bits for us and bakes cakes.

nerd alert.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
she is good! she's the one with the pretzel stosry i spammed

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
got a reservation for Sukiyabashi Jiro honten before all the clueless hipsters who've seen the movie start lining up.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Japanese theatres get movies like years late, if that movie ever shows in Japan it won't be til the end of this year or sometime next year. Right now they're about to release that movie with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts, when did that movie come out in America?

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts were in a movie together? Pretty Big Woman?

I'll tell you if the sushi movie's any good. You tell us if the sushi's good.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah it is this movie, still not out yet; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1583420/releaseinfo

I am kinda scared to take pics at Jiro... apparently everybody goes in and eats in silence, in awe of Jiro's aura. It will be the quickest 3-star dining experience on earth.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh yeah, the downside - Jiro is the day after I come back from Saigon. I am betting the house on my bowel health.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude, I was in such a content food coma last night after yakitori. There are a (surprisingly?) large number of really good yakitori joints in Atlanta. The chicken was this amazing flavor bomb, really tender, beef was excellent, tonkotsu ramen was really good (though not as collagen-y as mine) but the chicken skin yakitori was too salty.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
have not had yakitori in a couple weeks. Must have some soon. There are actually a few Michelin starred yakitori places here but they are mostly gimmick, maybe pairing wine and stuff with the yakitori or doing pates and stuff.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of amazing blackberries floating around right now. They are exceptional this year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads