1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by robbie, Jun 5, 2010.

1. robbie

robbie Senior member

Local,Organic Strawberries for 1$ a pint from my CSA!

+ asparagus,cage free eggs, arugula, ....
    [​IMG]

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Sumptuous buffalo filet last night. Waygu short ribs last night. [​IMG]

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

Overdosing on morels, asparagus, cepes, fava beans
    and artichokes this spring.

4. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Burrata and sangiovese.

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

6. tricota

tricota Senior member

New boiled potatoes w. butter

Ice cold coca cola

Burts Potato chips

Summerbird Chocolate

I could go on and on...

7. thecentennial

thecentennial Senior member

I'm working in the ME where it's dry as a nuns nasty - last night the missus and I went to a party at a local compound and had...wait for it...a pint of becks and a few glasses of aussie shiraz. Not posh, but damn...better than the home brew shit I've been drinking for the last 12 months. Best swill ever.

8. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

Dipping fresh bread into organic extra virgin olive oil from Pietra Colombina.

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

10. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

The bar, here: [​IMG] Light Bistro, Cleveland.

11. yerfdog

yerfdog Senior member

have so much left over and soon-to-be made homemade food

just finished some smoked tri-tip, still have smoked chicken and smoked pork shoulder (part of the pork is going in brunswick stew or chili or something, haven't decided)

have some indian butter chicken marinating for tonight, leftover vietnamese caramel chicken I'm about to eat in 5 minutes. also some variation on pavlovas the wife did.

Piobaire, you posted about crock pot oatmeal before, right? Last night we tried to do some steel cut oats in a crock pot and we must have either messed up the water ratio (we did 1 unit oats, 4 units water, per Alton Brown) or turned it too low (our crock pot has a 10 hour setting, maybe we should have just set it on the 8 hour setting).

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

The bar, here: [​IMG] Light Bistro, Cleveland.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I am going for dinner in an hour but I am starving now. [​IMG]

14. robbie

robbie Senior member

15. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Five Guys Burger [​IMG]

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

the chick fila by me is always very busy. to their credit, everytime they make me wait they give me a coupon for a free chicken sandwich. so now I am headed there with 5 coupons to get a stack of free sandwiches [​IMG] maybe I'll have to wait again and they'll give me another coupon [​IMG]

17. robbie

robbie Senior member

the chick fila by me is always very busy. to their credit, everytime they make me wait they give me a coupon for a free chicken sandwich. so now I am headed there with 5 coupons to get a stack of free sandwiches [​IMG] maybe I'll have to wait again and they'll give me another coupon [​IMG]
    When I worked landscaping Sonic had a deal where your order (no matter the size) was free if delivered after more than 7 minutes of you ordering. In hindsight, food that fast is probably not something you should be eating. But imagine 6 guys in a truck each with an order something along the lines of this I need-uhh a Supersonic cheeseburger no lettuce,no tomato...extra cheese,extra bacon with fries and a cherry vanilla doctor pepper... wait did I say no tomato? Ohh okay I did. I also need an order of cheddar peppers with ranch, and a strawberry sundae. We'd stop on our way back into the shop and make orders so big there was no way they could be filled. We always tipped crazy well (like 2-3 bucks a piece if it were 'free') Needless to say,I ate a ridiculous amount of free food before they realized this was the stupidest ploy at business ever and changed it.

18. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ah, from the little balcony. I've been there and enjoyed it, but before they redid it. [​IMG]

19. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Ah, from the little balcony. I've been there and enjoyed it, but before they redid it.

Okay, now I'm a little freaked out. You realize, we've slept in the same bed? [​IMG]

20. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Okay, now I'm a little freaked out. You realize, we've slept in the same bed? [​IMG]
    Ummmmmm...... Ok, they redid that whole floor, right? And Scott does things right. So, I'm going to say that of course they got a new bed. Right? Sounds good to me. ~ H