• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like meatloaf smothered in wing sauce cooked by a massive POS.

new-girl-zooey-deschanel.gif

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have hit a brick wall with work, and my ethic and ideas and emails are not going to positively change anything.

I wear too many hats, the hours suck. It's just roadblocks trying to make processes better. I've written countless technical manuals here, manage people, design systems, handle pay, find compliance issues...and it's never enough, there is no thanks. Just countless audits. And you are only ever audited by pricks with way less experience to find some bullshit non-conformity or what they think is a non-conformity, and so then you have to school them to save your job.

Then you get pushback. You weren't nice enough.

There's far too much regulation. Buried in company policy, email directives, national regs, intl regs, state regs. Treaties. Committee memorandums. Circulars. Every facet of the job is regulated.

I'm ready for change.

Question for SF, I have an evaluation tomorrow with my superior. I am likely going to have a conversation about leaving during that time. Am I naive?

I know that there is shared frustration over the workings and trajectory of the company we work for. I have worked and grown under him for over 4 years now. I do consider him a friend at this point.

I would like to use him as a reference in applications I am currently working on, and I don't want to leave without having a conversation, so I feel that it is appropriate.
Yes you are being naive. Never tell your boss you're looking and never use them as a reference if you still report to them.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Windshield got hit by rock on the freeway, big chip/about 6 inch crack. Got home, parked, went out to check, and the hard closing of my door caused the crack to extend another 6 inches. Ugh.
Same, not that long ago. I found this husband wife team that came out to me, reasonable rate, did a great job. Have the card somewhere if you need a fix.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Our windshield has got a couple of chips. I was going to get it replaced (zero deductible) but I decided to wait until after ski season.

Sure enough, I picked up another chip this past week.

brokencycle

Reaction score

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a worker miss two flights and finally arrived halfway across the world on the third flight. Thousands upon thousands spent, and I've spent half the ******* day taking said worker to the hospital. Acute alcohol withdrawal. Now dealing with getting her medications and sent home.

This **** makes your go gray. Fun times.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a worker miss two flights and finally arrived halfway across the world on the third flight. Thousands upon thousands spent, and I've spent half the ******* day taking said worker to the hospital. Acute alcohol withdrawal. Now dealing with getting her medications and sent home.

This **** makes your go gray. Fun times.
I had a colleague go MIA for a few days after we spoke about a project. He calls me on day four to discuss the project as if we'd never spoken. Says he was in the hospital for three days for acute alcohol withdrawal because he "stopped drinking" his customary 1-2 glasses of wine for a day or two. He ended up crashing his company car due to the withdrawal, thankfully not from being under the influence.

I've dealt with addiction in my family and friends over the years but genuinely wonder if he truly didn't know he was an alcoholic or if he was playing dumb. Seems prudent to just make something up. Why even mention alcohol withdrawal?

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Total Wine, except with Total Wine it means just kidding we have no idea what our website is talking about
Ace Hardware, likewise. The manager of my local Ace insults and mocks customers who mention the website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads