• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dress as patrick bateman every year. Which mainly consists of me carrying around a cigar and making American Psycho quotes.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Arguing about anything is pointless. Generally my arguments devolve into this

Other person: X
Me: well x is wrong because of y
Other person: well actually x
Me: wait what? But I just said x is wrong because y
Other person: well y is wrong because of x
Me: (tries to reiterate in different terms how x is wrong because of y)
Other person: well y is wrong because x

At some point I give up. But it usually takes a few tries. It's like your argument is never actually acknowledged and you're just talking to a parrot.

I wonder if law school will teach you how to argue properly. The only time I convince somebody of something is if they were ambivalent of something to begin with.

I am pretty self conscious of this so I always try to keep an open mind even if somebody is arguing 1 + 1 = 3 because you never know if in some bizzaro land 1 + 1 actually is 3. A lot of times tho my ego gets in the way and I have a tendency to be blinded by my own assumptions but I try and suppress this as much as possible.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd go as StephenHero but people around here would find it "offensive" and in "poor taste".

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea as to why this childish and trivial tripe enrages me.... but it makes we want to turn into the Hulk and rage.

New office policy implemented today. This piles on the fact that the supply closets in the hallways are locked--- with effing huge pad locks. The mail machine is locked. Meaning if It now takes me 10 mins to look up the combinations, even if all I want is a goddamn post-it note. We must now list the account number on the letter so a 46 CENT STAMP can be charged and keep a log of all mail we send and submit for reconciling each month.

Of course the office manager who implemented this, will not actually do anything and will instead tell others it is their responsibility. Therefore when confronted as to why something wasn't done, she can then say, it wasn't my job. I will then tell her that as the office manager, EVERYTHING IS YOUR ******* JOB YOU ******* SPECIAL FLOWER MILLENNIAL YOU ARE THE OFFICE MANAGER.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I left a pot of beans and rice on the counter when I left for work this morning. Safe to keep or should I toss? I can't decide. :fu:

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I left a pot of beans and rice on the counter when I left for work this morning. Safe to keep or should I toss? I can't decide. :fu:

Safe. maybe dry...

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the kids who'll be ringing Conne's doorbell.

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no idea as to why this childish and trivial tripe enrages me.... but it makes we want to turn into the Hulk and rage.

New office policy implemented today. This piles on the fact that the supply closets in the hallways are locked--- with effing huge pad locks. The mail machine is locked. Meaning if It now takes me 10 mins to look up the combinations, even if all I want is a goddamn post-it note. We must now list the account number on the letter so a 46 CENT STAMP can be charged and keep a log of all mail we send and submit for reconciling each month.

Of course the office manager who implemented this, will not actually do anything and will instead tell others it is their responsibility. Therefore when confronted as to why something wasn't done, she can then say, it wasn't my job. I will then tell her that as the office manager, EVERYTHING IS YOUR ******* JOB YOU ******* SPECIAL FLOWER MILLENNIAL YOU ARE THE OFFICE MANAGER.

What in the **** does this have to do with her being young? I've seen very old officers and supply sergeants implement the same kind of asinine policies, you ****.

smile.gif

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought 2 boxes of candy bars to pass out and it's pouring out. Only have handed out 2 so far.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my halloween costume is backfiring. I was standing behind my screen door and kids got halfway to my door, freaked out, and turned back to their parents.

i've given away no candy yet.

One mother yelled: sorry she's afraid, but GO RED SOX!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads