1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I am "that guy" (guy what wears an suit) at my workplace, and I generally receive positive feedback for it. But I think the culture of an academic department is a lot different from the culture at GF's workplace, to where I would probably hesitate to be "that guy" if I were GF too.

1 person likes this.
  2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I've certainly been some sort of character throughout my life. That character has evolved rather gracefully. If my projections are correct I will be a full blown Archie Bunker by the time I am 30.

1 person likes this.
  3. L'Incandescent

Update on this post: turns out the bill is not coming up as soon as I thought and also it might not be as bad as I thought. I had a knot in my stomach for a couple of days about this. It felt like I was in a landslide to where so much of my hard work of saving money was coming undone all at once.

4. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Maybe in the future you should try brushing your fucking teeth you bum.

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

Happy to hear this, L'Inc. I know what a bad feeling that can be. We went through a similar situation with some stuff it didn't look like my wife's insurance would cover after the baby was born, and it was very stressful. It's a very powerless and frustrating feeling. It was also a huge relief when the bill came in at thousands less than we'd feared. I hope yours works out similarly.

6. L'Incandescent

I was hoping to buy some furniture this year, but it looks like I will have to put that off maybe for another year or two. I can live with that, though.

7. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

I love buying furniture and especially antiques ones if I can afford them..:inlove:

8. otc

otc Senior member

I think my office is getting worse. I saw some analysts wearing shorts on a casual day (on fridays and certain other days we are given the freedom to wear jeans as more casual dress), although maybe someone said something to them...because they may have stopped doing so.

I went into someone's office the other day to take a call, and someone asked me if I had a [client] meeting today. I was simply wearing a light blue shirt, some wool pants, and some black cap toes--altogether pretty similar to what I wear every day--I wasn't even sure why they were asking if I had a meeting until they clarified.

9. js4design

js4design Senior member

I have heard that provel is exceptional corrosive to tooth enamel - this all but confirms it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    3 people like this.
  10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Yes. Having a sizable cash cushion is far more important than a new humbler.

2 people like this.
  11. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Shorts at the office???

Where do you work?

I hate all this casual day shit..

12. otc

otc Senior member

Recent college grads sometimes just don't know what's up. I'm assuming somebody said something to him....I mean, its not like he is meeting with clients, but I wouldn't want to be walking a client to the conference room and have some doofus pass by in shorts (and if I were him, I certainly wouldn't want to get into an elevator with one of the big bosses and hit the buttons for one of our floors...)

Pissing me off:
    Places that only have really expensive guacamole. If I just want a side of guac and a few chips with my dinner, don't make me pay $12+. Sell me 1/3 of the food for $5 and call it a side.

1 person likes this.
  13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Clothing aside, man, cut that shit out or you'll regret it later. If the office culture demands that you rest your ass on something goofy while you work, get a balance ball or something.
    Not to sound like I'm old enough to be your dad or anything.

You can get a good deal on a used one in the buying & selling thread.

14. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Or knock a few bucks off and mix the damn stuff in a stainless steel bowl in the kitchen instead of a ridiculous lava rock mortar and pestle.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Good point, GFDad.. but, it's so comfortable!

16. L'Incandescent

Whenever I occupy an administrative position, I enforce a culture of compulsory wackiness and irreverence just gets the productivity to "a whole nother level" of productivity.

1 person likes this.
  17. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

"Places that only have really expensive guacamole. If I just want a side of guac and a few chips with my dinner, don't make me pay $12+. Sell me 1/3 of the food for $5 and call it a side."

They don't want to traffic in 1/3's of avocados.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  18. otc

otc Senior member

I'm sure that is what they do in the restaurant, but this is for delivery! you know that shit is coming out of a giant bowl of Guac...no worries about dealing in fractions of an avocado

And I sure hope you get more than 1 avocado's worth for $12+... They listed a sampler of 3 different guacs for $15 or $16...so its not like they can't make smaller portions.

19. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

The problem to your woes, otc, is dat inflation.

20. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I'm pretty sure the 3rd Circle of the Inferno was filled with beanbag chairs.

1 person likes this.