• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This has been the week from hell. Not a minute to breathe at work. Thank ******* god I have a 4-day weekend starting tomorrow. I'm going to get hammered tonight.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This has been the week from hell. Not a minute to breathe at work. Thank ******* god I have a 4-day weekend starting tomorrow. I'm going to get hammered tonight.

There is a new bar I want to check out. I have four days off too. I might end up hammered if they have good gin. Ah *******, I will end up hammered irregardless.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My lunch appointment is late. He's the one who wanted to meet, not me. Where is he? I'm hungry, and the food smells good.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My dry cleaner does everything on its premises. Usually their turnaround time is insanely fast due to this for small things like dry cleaning a hanky, pressing trousers, but today they pissed me off. Generally if I bring small things in first thing in the morning they are ready for pickup on my way home from work. This is very, very nice. Well, my tie to be dry cleaned won't be ready until Saturday night. I had this tie in the pipeline for tomorrow. F***ers.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My dry cleaner does everything on its premises. Usually their turnaround time is insanely fast due to this for small things like dry cleaning a hanky, pressing trousers, but today they pissed me off. Generally if I bring small things in first thing in the morning they are ready for pickup on my way home from work. This is very, very nice. Well, my tie to be dry cleaned won't be ready until Saturday night. I had this tie in the pipeline for tomorrow. F***ers.

B@statrds! Now that the on deck choice in no longer viable what is 'in the hole'?

I'm sure you've laid down the 'NO PRESSING!" law, but still...:uhoh:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

B@statrds! Now that the on deck choice in no longer viable what is 'in the hole'?
I'm sure you've laid down the 'NO PRESSING!" law, but still...:uhoh:

Yeah, I told them not to press even though I know they wouldn't. I have had them clean bespoke suits and they are on my page about not pressing lapels and being mindful of sleeve curvature and such. Hand pressing is also available, which they do for any material that could produce a shine. They seem to be on point for such a small operation.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My lunch appointment is late. He's the one who wanted to meet, not me. Where is he? I'm hungry, and the food smells good.

eat twice :teach:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

People who sing out loud while walking down the street. **** you.

That reminds me, there's a busker on my street corner who over-emotes by a lot. He sings all of his songs like that guy from Live. (Remember them?) Maybe I'm just an old-school midwesterner, but I don't want to see people emoting like that in public. It's jarring.

There's also a guy who plays the trumpet on my street. But he only plays isolated musical phrases that go for maybe five or six seconds. I'm disinclined to give him money.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
People who sing out loud while walking down the street. **** you.

That reminds me, there's a busker on my street corner who over-emotes by a lot. He sings all of his songs like that guy from Live. (Remember them?) Maybe I'm just an old-school midwesterner, but I don't want to see people emoting like that in public. It's jarring.

There's also a guy who plays the trumpet on my street. But he only plays isolated musical phrases that go for maybe five or six seconds. I'm disinclined to give him money.

Miles Davis plays on your street?

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haha! Miles Davis was actually from here. (East St. Louis actually, but close enough.) The difference is, when Miles finished a phrase, he started a new one. This guy plays a little phrase and then takes a breather. Then after he shifts around in his chair for a bit and adjusts the sleeve on his shirt, he plays another phrase. And he always stops his phrase just as I'm walking by.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads