1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Are you posting while driving? :crazy:

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

yes, he is. And eating donuts and taking pictures.

3. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

how'd the cleaning go, PB?

4. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

hey stitches, can you write me a limerick?

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

there once was a guy we call stitch

fuck it, I got nothing.

6. deadly7

deadly7 Senior member

The Kirby is awesome (once had a demo come over to my folks' house), but I can't in good faith shell out $1500-2000 for a vacuum.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

T-bone, are you working off bad karma? You are doing good things but it seems everyone in your entire household conspires against your happiness.

GT, we both know the wife is never going to change and you are wise to just accept it. You guys are probably a good fit as most wives would not put up with your travel. She probably spends so much time with friends partially in compensation to your travels. The marriage seems to be working for both of you so I say don't sweat the non-critical stuff. No one ever died from a (non-hazardous to your health) messy house.

8. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Middle

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

There once was a man named stitch
    whose wife was a smoking hot *****
    the styleforum crowd
    all wondered aloud
    "How'd he do it? He must be a witch!"

10. doughboysc

doughboysc Senior member

Why censorship? What bothers me about censorship is bleeping out words outside the common 7 words prohibited by FCC thing a la the late George Carlin.

11. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

you're one dumb cunt

2 people like this.
  12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

holy shit this has happened to me all week.

i set my alarm and i wake up an hour before it and i just lie in bed unable to sleep until the alarm goes off

13. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I suspect PTSD. Either that or watching TV really does lower your IQ.

14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I thought it was funnier, and I didn't have to call Stitches' lovely wife a bad name.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Ours used to belong to my grandparents. They still make bags for it, too. :slayer:

(good Lord, did I just :slayer: a vacuum? Why, yes. Yes I fucking did. :slayer: )

Piob, I've wondered that as well at times. I must have had a pretty fucking awesome time in a prior life, or been a really really awful person, and knowing which would make things easier to deal with. Anyway, I'm reluctant to say much more about the male child in our house other than my comments to the Mrs. might finally be sinking in: he's a straight-up gypsy, in the absolute worst sense of the word.

One of the reasons that fostering is such a source of heartache is that the state tries to fit square pegs into round holes. You get kids (past a certain age) with all sorts of disorders and they go into homes that are 'normal'. Their value systems never match at the outset, but over time you hope the child adopts the family as role models and authority figures. The family undergoes background checks which makes sure that you have naive, sheltered people taking on the shadiest kids. I remarked to the Mrs. that our son really should have been put into a family of ex-cons because the ex-cons wouldn't get played for suckers - at least, not as often. After a certain age, there's no point in attaching to these children because there is no reciprocal attachment on their part, and you get let down over and over again. There is no Big Picture, there is no Bright Future, any hopes and dreams you have for these children is pointless - they don't see it, don't believe, won't own it. A few do, I know a few success stories, but I know as many kids in the pen as well. Not sure if it's worth it any longer, but giving up the struggle means no one gets saved. Remind me to tell you about Tom Reynolds someday - don't google him, he's not on the web anywhere. He's someone to look up to.

16. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I almost always wake up before the alarm sounds because I hate the sound of any alarm.

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

T-bone, you make my problems look like first world white guy problems.

18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Thomas, I'm sorry to hear about the recent news. I also have to say that I continue to be inspired by the care and love you give to your children, which based on some of your posts, is not always under the best of circumstances. I have great respect and admiration for you and Mrs. Thomas.

19. Douglas

Douglas Senior member

+1 million

20. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

thanks guys. But there are folks out there in the trenches who make me look like a privileged whiny-ass bitch. I ought to write a book someday about these people. Or get some writer-type to do it, like Edina.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012