• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

ettebe

Reaction score
Finding out my car insurance will still be more than this person, that wrecked 3 cars in many months
baldy[1].gif

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A lot has been pissing me off about work the past few days. Boss keeps pushing this meeting out further and further and it is ******* me up.

VonLehndorff

Reaction score
One last time. A psychiatrist IS an M.D. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor that has done....wait for it...a residency in psychiatry. If you are an oncologist monkeys fly out of my arse.
OMG.first, my family owns a restaurant in Zurich, where I worked my whole life before coming to US for school and which put me through boarding school, Col. undergrad and Col. P+S, and if you knew Hosp.( therefore, insurance) protocol you would know that in an emergency triage sit.-which I was inferring as the best option - after init. eval. you see an MD who is the gatekeeper that can ref to a Psych Res, ( who, yes, of course is an MD) who can decide if the P should be an admit. I was offering solace and advice to your friend who I assumed is a layman who may not understand that a hospice worker, however competent, perhaps an RN or NP -but usually just a MSW, at most -may not recognize someone in shock or such distress that they may harm themselves. Sorry, again, that you believe I intruded with malice.

As to the wine questions: yes, because I am constantly tasting absolute crap from labels that I am fortunate to sample or receive as gifts from a friend who buys at reputable dealers and at auctions- even from the best producers-and I regrettably used petrus as an example in one instance as it was the first label to come to mind - I was genuinely seeking opinion from what I thought were those who apparently have particular knowledge and may offer advice or infromation, which, I thought,was the point of this site.

As to also living in Florida, yes, I go there about 2x a month where my parents have a house and where I often do voluntary consults at a children's cancer hospice.

Sometimes, after staying up for over 24 hours attending to a suffering, dying patient and not wanting to bother my wife with being the sounding board yet again, I look for a little distraction and found this site and am grateful for the witicisms.

So, to not to appear a piker, a troll, a sock, I will do what I am used to , observe and evaluate. Perhaps I will sometime contribute something profound or jocular, and hope you will accept it.

Please accept as well that there are many out there who do accomplish something, not accepting a life of mediocrity and quiet desperation and sometimes may feel they may want to contribute, not to boast but to inform, perhaps assist.

BTW, patrickBooth rules this site and has become my hero.

Bitte akzeptieren Sie meine tiefste Entschuldigung, wenn Sie, dass ich Sie und Ihr Freund beleidigt glauben. Ich hoffe, wir können vorwärts gehen mit Verständnis. Danke. GVL

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
HR fucked up my promotion and my first pay check of this year is going to be at last year's pay rate. First world problem, I know, but ****.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finding out my car insurance will still be more than this person, that wrecked 3 cars in many months 
baldy%5B1%5D.gif

do you both have the same coverage?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HR fucked up my promotion and my first pay check of this year is going to be at last year's pay rate. First world problem, I know, but ****.

the ****? they cant add it on to next pay or something. dont let some fuckwad in HR **** with yo pay.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They can, but it is just the point of it all.

aha i see. well then, that is a really small issue. but it is annoying. think of the extra interest you could earn if you had that money a pay period earlier.

the big bad company is EXPLOITING YOU and directly STEALING your money, so they can keep MORE PROFITS for themselves!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

aha i see. well then, that is a really small issue. but it is annoying. think of the extra stuff you could buy if you had that money a pay period earlier.
the big bad company is EXPLOITING YOU and directly STEALING your money, so they can keep MORE PROFITS for themselves!

FTFY

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads