Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

:laugh:

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Ouch. After my bad neck movement earlier today, I know how you feel.

3. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I went to a barber that was recommended to me by a friend, and lets just say that I knew that I didnt belong as soon as I walked in.

It was in a ghetto part of Houston and it was literally like I was in the movie barber shop, and I feel that he messed up my beard!!!!!!

Does anyone know of a good barber in Houston?

4. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I've been sleeping on an inflatable bed the last couple weeks and it's starting to take a toll on my back.

5. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

I've been sleeping on the floor for about half a year. I'd much rather do that than sleep on an inflatable bed, for just the reason you mention.

6. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I had a similar experience, but got the best hair cut of my life. I go every week.

7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

You are so racist.

I am unbelievably sick of drivers in Atlanta. They are kind of like their sports fans, ignorant, passionless, stupid etc. Jk. But seriously though.... they truly are awful.

General complaints--the desire to speed up just to get to a red light is unbelievably strong here. Unlike Boston or New York or other cities where people drive aggressively people here just drive poorly. Blocking the intersections at red lights, turning without indicating, 55 in a 25 residential zone, far far far too common.

So I have a fairly easy commute but today it really put me on edge.

I have this one turn where the turn lane is one of those u-shaped ones with two turn lanes. So instead of people, you know, using both everyone stays in one lane, and then spills over into the main part of the thoroughfare. Well there's no traffic in the left hand lane, I'm at the back the light changes, fuck it I'm going over a double solid because I'm not sitting there.

Its then a six-lane one way street with a fork at the end. There are like six lights. You can clearly see there are two greens and a red. So I'm in no hurry to get to the red and people fly past me, whatever. I eventually get where I need to be and then I'm on the final stretch. I need to get to the right, I have a mile and a bit to do it. So I indicate and the guy infront then passes me except... this douche speeds up to 45 and I can't pass and it was like the dude in front would slow down then I almost have enough space as I slow down to let them pass and its like WTF so I have to slow down to like 15 just to give them enough time to make up their minds.

Meanwhile, someone has managed to come barreling down at about 60 not indicating weaving through traffic in a somewhat residential zone where people always j-walk this time of day. nice.

Well I make the final turn to park and some people are jogging and they have the walk light so I stop and let them through. They are REALLY slow but whatever. Like I've been there for a second, some dude who had to be way behind me then is honking at me from a block away because... I was letting them through?

I cross the street to my office and have the crosswalk. Looks like dude is going to wait and let me pass (you're never assured if drivers will obey pedestrian laws here) so i proceed. Well he sits there for a second so I'm like cool. Then he speeds up and passes right in front of me. Not behind, not wait another second, speeds right in front of me (there are three lanes) and then speeds to a red light.

Awesome.

8. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I hate waking up at 7:30. Such an inconvenience.

9. aanix

aanix Active Member

I hate that whenever I buy a new shirt, I get a rash on my neck.

10. edinatlanta

next time a patient drops the pity card and says they "need" this surgery, tell them. "who is the doctor here, me or you?" I mean seriously who the fuck are they? ugh.

11. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Except I'll ask, "You or I?" because you know, I can speak English.

12. MrG

MrG Senior member

Thanks, guys.

Sincerest thanks again to all who've passed along their condolences. For a crew comprised of e-friends of varying familiarity, most of whom I've never met, y'all are some pretty solid dudes. :D

13. edinatlanta

Yeah. I am a great person, aren't I.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I am sure your command of English impresses all the Frenchies in Montreal.

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Kirby's Memorial Barbershop near Gessner and I-10 is pretty good. They take reservations on-line, walk-ins as well. No credit cards, though, but they're not awfully expensive. C.J. and Eric are both quite good, though Eric will talk your ear off.