• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A number of things pissed me off today.

1. I had lunch at Panera.

2. As soon as I walked in I thought of Conne.

3. The sandwich I had was awful. I can appreciate places like Panera for what they are, quick eats that taste decent enough. This was a total disaster.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ugh. This is the most douchey and pretentious comment I have heard in a while. From an article in the NY Times:
WOMEN shop, men stockpile. That’s one theory, anyway, of how men buy clothes differently from women. If women see shopping as an opportunity, a social or even therapeutic activity, the thinking goes, then men see it as a necessary evil, a moment to restock the supply closet.
At the risk of perpetuating sex stereotypes, the archetype may have been Steve Jobs. When Mr. Jobs died in October, he left behind not only a peerless legacy, but a closet full of identical black cotton turtlenecks by Issey Miyake. “If he loved a shirt, he’d order 10 or 100 of them,” his sister, the author Mona Simpson, said in her eulogy.
*snip*
MICHAEL WILLIAMS, STYLE BLOGGER, A CONTINUOUS LEAN
I take pride in the fact that I generally wear the same thing every day. I have this dream about throwing away everything in my closet, or giving it to charity, and then going and buying like 20 of the same Steven Alan shirt and 5 pairs of the same Levi’s Vintage Clothing 501z 1954 jeans, but not in a Steve Jobs way.

my emphasis.
What a bag of dicks.

Should've said in a mafoofan kinda way. Then it'd 1) be accurate and 2) be a sublte sf shoutout

maybe it's because you're such a dickhead and everybody has you on ignore.

Might be it

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this time of year and dealing with NYE always pisses me off. Lets say I have a friend we will call jack and another I call aaron. Jack was my best man at my wedding, aaron stood up. JAck and aaron are also very close as are our wives. every year for the last couple we have done something with Jack and then usually with Aaron. this year, we were invited to a mutual friends house where aarons wife, her sister and her best friend are hosting which is within walking distance of our house. Problem is that Jack and his wife are not invited. (we have a pretty sprawling group of friends, all from college - we are in our early-30's). This puts me in a tough spot as we are having dinner with Jack and his wife tomorrow night. We haven't really talked much lately and you could almost say we are taking a break, so we haven't really discussed NYE although there were a couple of ideas floated around at an event a couple of weeks ago. I am pretty sure Jack is doing something with another friend of ours and his wife, but I don't know, and don't want to ask. I am always stuck in a tough spot as I feel obligated to do something with Jack. He is kind of bitchy like a chick about this stuff, while Aaron and his wife could care less (well he doesn't, his wife would go apeshit if we cancelled).

Does anyone else have problems dealing with this sort of thing this time of year?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
can't fall asleep.

maybe this is my brain's way of preparing me for my bus ride to ny so i can comfortably pass the f out on there :plain:

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A number of things pissed me off today.
1. I had lunch at Panera.
2. As soon as I walked in I thought of Conne.
3. The sandwich I had was awful. I can appreciate places like Panera for what they are, quick eats that taste decent enough. This was a total disaster.

Whenever I go to that place I feel like I leave broke and still hungry.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love it when the stock market booms right before pay day so everything going into my 401k gets bought at higher prices. It is like the market does it on purpose just to **** us bureaucrats.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One of my car's tires has a slow leak, and it seems like the shops are closed until Jan 2..

If it really is a slow leak you could go to any auto supply store and purchase one of those tire leak sealant in a can products. It's not perfect, but it will definitely hold you over until you can get the tire properly serviced.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If it really is a slow leak you could go to any auto supply store and purchase one of those tire leak sealant in a can products. It's not perfect, but it will definitely hold you over until you can get the tire properly serviced.

If you use such products in Indiana, tire shops won't repair it. You have to buy a new tire.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love it when the stock market booms right before pay day so everything going into my 401k gets bought at higher prices. It is like the market does it on purpose just to **** us bureaucrats.

you work for the government? always took you for a wall streeter

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

This is why my contributions go into a money market and I make my own buys. I'm also sure there is a little blip when everyone's scheduled buys get made.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is why my contributions go into a money market and I make my own buys. I'm also sure there is a little blip when everyone's scheduled buys get made.

I looked into this actually. They charge an arm and a leg for a brokerage option though so I said *******.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777