• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly, it is an educated decision. I hate when people tell me I should reconsider. It is like, didn't you listen to anything I just said? It is not stubborn, I just know myself too well and I am not willing to put in what a child needs. For somebody to push me regardless to consider after hearing that, they probably aren't good parents... or they are just jealous that they had kids and are miserable so they want me to be as well.

HEY!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ah, yes, I loathe those people. Prior to having kids, MrsG and I were married for nearly seven years, and we got a lot of that type of pressure. My response was always something along the lines of, "we're just not ready right now, but I'm sure we will eventually," and it was shocking to me how often that wasn't a suitable answer for people. I always wanted to go, "I'm telling you that I would be a substandard parent right now so I'm avoiding children for the time being, and your reply is to tell me I should just do it anyway? WTF is wrong with you!?"

that was very tactful of you. to me the real answer is, its none of your damn business when or whether i do or dont have kids. are you going to raise them? oh, you arent. so stfu and leave me alone.

the comments i made to pB were purely in jest. i feel as a belief that people should strive to have children and families and what not, but i dont force that on anyone. to each their own. and i respect each person and their decisions.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really do not want kids. My mom is one of those people who says not wanting kids is selfish, biologically wrong, blah blah blah. I can't stand it.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

that was very tactful of you. to me the real answer is, its none of your damn business when or whether i do or dont have kids. are you going to raise them? oh, you arent. so stfu and leave me alone.
the comments i made to pB were purely in jest. i feel as a belief that people should strive to have children and families and what not, but i dont force that on anyone. to each their own. and i respect each person and their decisions.

Don't worry mang, wasn't directed at you. You have immunity. :cheers:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:inlove:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Forum keeps giving me error messages and my goddamn wireless router keeps logging out so now I gotta steal some of my neighbor's bandwidth!! :censored:

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox/the corner taking for EVER to ship. It's been a week and it's still 'on it's way from the warehouse '.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I really do not want kids. My mom is one of those people who says not wanting kids is selfish, biologically wrong, blah blah blah. I can't stand it.

The world deserves to experience your spawn, conne.
Please do not deprive us.

Besides, you'd probably make a really good father.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
An irritated woman on the train last week that I had a brief argument with called me "guy". As in, "listen here, guy..." I am sure she thinks it clever, or something, but I think the offensiveness of me saying "listen here, woman..." would have had a severity to it that most people would cringe at. She is lucky my girlfriend pulled me away from her.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update to half my stuff was stolen: I'm now settled into Montreal, and am slowly rebuilding my stuff. I finally have a laptop again, even if it's a ****** one. I just realized how much information was on my old one. All my contact info for friends and family, photos and old work papers (yes, I even miss those). All my bookmarked links. And of course my collection of funny pictures I've found online. The last one in particular hurts. Time to go to the funny gif thread again....

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Update to half my stuff was stolen: I'm now settled into Montreal, and am slowly rebuilding my stuff. I finally have a laptop again, even if it's a ****** one. I just realized how much information was on my old one. All my contact info for friends and family, photos and old work papers (yes, I even miss those). All my bookmarked links. And of course my collection of funny pictures I've found online. The last one in particular hurts. Time to go to the funny gif thread again....

External hard drive or two and rsync (or some other Windows-friendly backup) in the future and you'll at least have your data.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:( when i read update i was hoping you were gonna say you got everything back. sucks man.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads