• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks, yeah, I feel like a fool, because I knew I was taking a risk, but I really didn't think it was a big risk. but such is life. and, frankly, the money didn't hurt as much as my wife making such a big ******* deal about it.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my netflix dvd wont play. again
ffffuuuu.gif

bijox

Reaction score
Almost everything NICE on Gilt men being sold out within MINUTES. That really pisses the eff out of me. How do people shop that fast? seriously .. 5 minutes after noon when the events start, all the good shoes and clothes are COPPED!

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
There haven't been good sales on Gilt for about two years.

+1

I hardly ever see anything I want from them anymore.

wootx

Reaction score
drunk people who throw up.
not those that do what they need to do and then are ready to go again, but those dumb F***ers who stay sick for hours and prevent you from doing anything else but take care of them.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
People who ride bicycles on dusty little two-lane roads, with nothing for a shoulder and 50mph speed limits, in their pretentious f'ing spandex bike suits, at RUSH HOUR in a city where 20 minutes is a pretty damned long commute. They love to tell people how they have all the same rights as a motor vehicle, but don't want any of the responsibilities (like stopping at stop signs / lights), the basic speed rule, etc.

"Left-handers", which refers to people who hold their cell phones with their left hands while driving, making it impossible for them to signal to anyone where they're going.

Also fed up with licensed drivers who become paralyzed or profoundly confused by 4-way stops, or stop signs in general. Something must be done.

Dude, I am so with you. The whole riding through red lights at intersections drives me up a wall. And then those Critical Mass 'tards have the audacity to block traffic to "raise awareness" for one of their fallen comrades after they plowed into the side of bus while failing to follow the laws of traffic.

Originally Posted by globetrotter
just got towed - parked for 5 minutes to look at a bike for my wife, because we are trying to cut costs by using the car less. my wife told me not to park there, vigorously and specifically. I ignored her and parked in an empty lot with no parking signs. within 5 minutes, we got towed. great.

Originally Posted by otc
Gotta love the lots where some guy makes a living by watching to see if anybody parks there and then calling up a tow truck waiting around the corner.

Reminds me of the song Lincoln Park Pirates.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ex keeps showing up at my neighborhood bar, but she doesn't even drink! She just dresses up like a whore, sips water, and sits at a table adjacent to where my friends and I sit.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Our day care provider is my wife's aunt. I will preface the following by saying that she is utterly fantastic; she takes amazing care of our two-year-old, who is significantly advanced vs. her peers for all the one-on-one attention she gets from her auntie. It is a fantastic arrangement. But sometimes my wife lets her get away with too much. Beginning next weekend, she is going to take the baby on vacation with her for a week. She has rented a condo at the beach and will be staying with the child there alone, with no car. This is a) potentially dangerous. though i doubt she will take the child to the beach herself without other family members around (and there are many close by) my wife refuses to have a direct conversation with her setting the ground rules, which means I have to. Even still, I don't love the idea of a 70 year old woman alone with a two year old in a potentially dangerous environment for a week. b) during the week of my birthday. She will not be around on my birthday. This is a situation that developed and was settled with absolutely zero of my input.
ffffuuuu.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Douglas- just an observation from an outsider, but it is your wife's aunt or your wife in this situation?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
There haven't been good sales on Gilt for about two years.

+1

Originally Posted by JMRouse
I hardly ever see anything I want from them anymore.

I wonder why that is:

1) They stopped getting good deals to pass on to customers
2) They have gotten big, greedy, etc.. and are unwilling to pass savings (as much as they used to) onto customers
3) Some other reason?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Douglas- just an observation from an outsider, but it is your wife's aunt or your wife in this situation?

not sure if i catch your meaning, but if you're asking if it's the aunt or the wife that's pissing me off, the answer is both of them. Probably the wife more than the aunt though, as she's the one who I would expect to speak for me and represent my interests in conversations with her aunt, and here she has failed to do that.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
+1

I wonder why that is:

1) They stopped getting good deals to pass on to customers
2) They have gotten big, greedy, etc.. and are unwilling to pass savings (as much as they used to) onto customers
3) Some other reason?

I think 2. They grew big and went mainstream. No longer had to offer good deals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads