• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
There haven't been good sales on Gilt for about two years.

Originally Posted by JMRouse
I think 2. They grew big and went mainstream. No longer had to offer good deals.

But in this economy that might backfire on them if they start to lose long-term clients due to lack-of-savings.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
well an update to the regular pissed off members here... my grandmother passed away 9 am this morning in los angeles. I believe arrangements are to be made for her to come home and be buried next to her husband. I'm not really ticked off, she led a happy and long and interesting life and she's now free from her pain and now she can finally rest.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
well an update to the regular pissed off members here... my grandmother passed away 9 am this morning in los angeles. I believe arrangements are to be made for her to come home and be buried next to her husband. I'm not really ticked off, she led a happy and long and interesting life and she's now free from her pain and now she can finally rest.

sorry to hear that acid. im glad you are able to have a positive attitude about it.

QBNCGAR

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
not sure if i catch your meaning, but if you're asking if it's the aunt or the wife that's pissing me off, the answer is both of them. Probably the wife more than the aunt though, as she's the one who I would expect to speak for me and represent my interests in conversations with her aunt, and here she has failed to do that.

Keep your pimp hand strong, playah.
blush.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our day care provider is my wife's aunt. I will preface the following by saying that she is utterly fantastic; she takes amazing care of our two-year-old, who is significantly advanced vs. her peers for all the one-on-one attention she gets from her auntie. It is a fantastic arrangement.

But sometimes my wife lets her get away with too much. Beginning next weekend, she is going to take the baby on vacation with her for a week. She has rented a condo at the beach and will be staying with the child there alone, with no car. This is

a) potentially dangerous. though i doubt she will take the child to the beach herself without other family members around (and there are many close by) my wife refuses to have a direct conversation with her setting the ground rules, which means I have to. Even still, I don't love the idea of a 70 year old woman alone with a two year old in a potentially dangerous environment for a week.

b) during the week of my birthday. She will not be around on my birthday. This is a situation that developed and was settled with absolutely zero of my input.

ffffuuuu.gif

sorry, but you have to have a very very strict talk with her. from my experieces with older ladies from developing cultures (and I believe that your wife is an immigrant, if I remember correctly) their concept of danger to kids is very very differnt from your and mine. frankly, I wouldn't let her be alone with the baby with no car, myself. but even otherwise her concept of what is safe is probably diffent from yours. good luck.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am very sorry for your loss

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Pissing me off today: a hell of a lot of things.

Sorry to hear about your situations, Acid and Doug.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
douglas, sorry to butt in, why does your child have to go with her in the first place? is it posible to find another day care provider while she is away for a week?

kyle - sorry things were ****** today man
frown.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure if i catch your meaning, but if you're asking if it's the aunt or the wife that's pissing me off, the answer is both of them. Probably the wife more than the aunt though, as she's the one who I would expect to speak for me and represent my interests in conversations with her aunt, and here she has failed to do that.
That's what I was asking. It seemed like your nanny was operating within the boundaries that your wife had established, and that the issue was that further restrictions hadn't been set.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Our day care provider is my wife's aunt. I will preface the following by saying that she is utterly fantastic; she takes amazing care of our two-year-old, who is significantly advanced vs. her peers for all the one-on-one attention she gets from her auntie. It is a fantastic arrangement.

But sometimes my wife lets her get away with too much. Beginning next weekend, she is going to take the baby on vacation with her for a week. She has rented a condo at the beach and will be staying with the child there alone, with no car. This is

a) potentially dangerous. though i doubt she will take the child to the beach herself without other family members around (and there are many close by) my wife refuses to have a direct conversation with her setting the ground rules, which means I have to. Even still, I don't love the idea of a 70 year old woman alone with a two year old in a potentially dangerous environment for a week.

b) during the week of my birthday. She will not be around on my birthday. This is a situation that developed and was settled with absolutely zero of my input.

ffffuuuu.gif

wow tough call. personally this situation will drive me crazy for that whole week. maybe you could also talk to another family member you can trust and understands how you feel to also look over your baby. good luck man.

+++++

btw, thanks guys. just got off the phone with my aunt. my grandmother's in forest lawn right now but her final trip home's going to be arranged. tonight I will smoke a *** and dedicate a bottle of beer to my (formerly) smoking and drinking grandma.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
btw, thanks guys. just got off the phone with my aunt. my grandmother's in forest lawn right now but her final trip home's going to be arranged. tonight I will smoke a *** and dedicate a bottle of beer to my (formerly) smoking and drinking grandma.

sorry i cant be there to join you.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss, Acid.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
+1 I wonder why that is: 1) They stopped getting good deals to pass on to customers 2) They have gotten big, greedy, etc.. and are unwilling to pass savings (as much as they used to) onto customers 3) Some other reason?
The business model is unsustainable. It just isnt. Had 5 a five shot latte earlier. Cant sleep.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads