• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spilled chocolate vodka syrup from a chocolate on my pants and shirt/

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny
It's been a pretty lousy week.

Wednesday I woke up to find out our friends 6 year old son died from cancer the night before. He had been in treatment for the last 16 months and 3 weeks ago took a turn for the worse. It really hits home since he is the same age as my oldest daughter.

Today, my largest account, practically our only account, just told us they will not be doing business with us. This is through no fault of my own, as the account told my boss, but sucks nonetheless. I guess in light of my first paragraph who really cares.

wow. when you say "life is unfair", kids stricken with cancer is the best example.

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Just got an email from my brother. We had thought his cancer was battled down for a few years but his numbers are back up and he's going back on hormone therapy. Full body scan ordered but eff'ing wait time in Ontario = in five weeks and in London (two hour drive from his town).
ffffuuuu.gif
He's thinking about going to the cancer center in Michigan we paid to give him radiation last year and paying for it out of pocket to just get it done.

wow piob, sorry to hear that. hope he gets radiation treatment soon.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Things like this truly make you think about what really matters. Last year we had other friends who lost their 9 year old son to cancer. Watching how this has affected both families makes me feel feel very fortunate for what I do have. Like Douglas, I run through my mind how I could possibly deal with this if it were one of my kids and I am thankful that it is just an exercise in my mind. I actually just left work early on Wed and came home and hugged my kids all night. I am sure they wondered "what the hell is dad doing today" but I didn't care.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Lol. What the freak. Don't all parents pay for their child's tuition, rent, and expenses?

Go *************.

Although you'd like that, wouldn't you?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Your new avatar scares me.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was up at 5am for the first flight to Ohare to look at this website and spent the day until the last flight back home. 2K of last minute flight tickets and the website is still kaput so I acted as a human courier with the CD. Oh well at least I reckon I did something. Writing this in the airport limo.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny
It's been a pretty lousy week.

Wednesday I woke up to find out our friends 6 year old son died from cancer the night before. He had been in treatment for the last 16 months and 3 weeks ago took a turn for the worse. It really hits home since he is the same age as my oldest daughter.

Today, my largest account, practically our only account, just told us they will not be doing business with us. This is through no fault of my own, as the account told my boss, but sucks nonetheless. I guess in light of my first paragraph who really cares.

sorry about that, Tom

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
crackup[1].gif

We've finally found the definition for "rich." Asking a question like this.

Originally Posted by Connemara
Who needs a job when you have daddy's credit card?!

finally someone else gets picked on!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Took my buddy home from the bar last night at 12 after watching the Lakers get spanked, again. I drove his car back to his place and stupid me didn't realize how far he lived. Ended up walking home about 2 miles from his house. It was humid as **** last night so, even without my jacket, I ended up soaked in sweat by the time I got home.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh WTF? Animal Kingdom? **** that ****.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chick that I'm with showered in perfume apparently. It smells horrible. Could it be that I can't just appreciate the perfume? The whole car smelled of it when I opened the door.

Posted via Tapatalk

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads