• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Sorry to hear these things, topcat. Life is just not good at times.

Just got an email from my brother. We had thought his cancer was battled down for a few years but his numbers are back up and he's going back on hormone therapy. Full body scan ordered but eff'ing wait time in Ontario = in five weeks and in London (two hour drive from his town).
ffffuuuu.gif
He's thinking about going to the cancer center in Michigan we paid to give him radiation last year and paying for it out of pocket to just get it done.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Who needs a job when you have daddy's credit card?!

Even worse: when you apparently do not even know someone that's had to pay his/her own way.

Originally Posted by Thomas
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks T-bone and everyone else. It sucks.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Noap. I paid my own way through scholarships and some savings. I think I borrowed a little at the end, mostly for beer money. Mind you, back when I went I had tuition bills that were $250. Of course, once you added room and board and fees and books, it went up pretty sharply.

This. Except I borrowed a shitload up front. But I did get quite a bit of scholarship money for my grades and SAT scores from HS. After that, it was loans and having a job every semester. My parents didn't pay my way and I'm glad.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Who needs a job when you have daddy's credit card?!

Memorized those numbers 3 years ago.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I still owe about 55k but that includes two graduate degrees. So while teger is doing better than me I think it's working out okay.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
4. Let your kids pay their own damn tuition.
Or, at the very least, shoulder some of the burden. If the family can help, I don't think kids should be on the hook for the entirety of their higher education, but they can certainly chip in, especially if they want to go out of state.
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Lol. What the freak. Don't all parents pay for their child's tuition, rent, and expenses?
Mostly just the ones who want to raise entitled asshats who don't understand the value of a dollar.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I still owe about 55k but that includes two graduate degrees. So while teger is doing better than me I think it's working out okay.

Ouch. I paid for my MBA out of pocket, but the Mrs. took out loans for her law degree. It's like we bought another house.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

55k, that's almost a very non prestigious associate's degree from a very non prestigious culinary school!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Gguys he's trolling you. he may be a **** little annoying teenage doucher but he is not quite totally as stupid as that. he's trying to make you react like old farts... and you kind of are.
wink.gif
Pissing me off right now: two kinds of people, both with whom I have just had run-ins: 1) Dickbag salespeople who use the tactic of trying to put you on your back foot, typically by trying to confuse, belittle, or insult you. You know, the type who use industry jargon to confuse you or make you feel embarrassed because you don't know what they're talking about... or who really press you hard on questions as though they can't believe you just said that, or who try to question your level of authority. Or who are just generally arrogant. This guy I just met was pretty much all of the above. 2) Dickbag pinhead bureaucrats who have been given an iota of power and feel they need to wield it in as obnoxious and condescending manner as possible. In other words, I just got a nastygram from the president of the "Architectural Committee" of the HOA where I am moving soon. Dick. Bags. In other event, Piob, this is very bad news. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This girl that works with my friend was recently diagnosed with a very rare form of brain cancer. Even with the treatment she has opted to seek out, she only has a few months to live. She's like 26. Puts things in perspective.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I have no student loans and I'm pretty glad about it.

Wrong thread.
ffffuuuu.gif

Reaction score

buy cheap valium buy:
* buy cheap valium online and buy cheap valium online discount pharmacy, buy cheap valium peru buy cheap valium uk, buy delivery overnight valium;
* buy diazepam valium buy diazepam valium without prescription online buy domain valium atspace org, buy domain valium tripod com and buy drug satellite tv order valium;
* buy drug satellite tv valium online buy generic valium about valium for anxiety add depression buy generic valium online buy in uk valium buy inexpensive valium without a prescription buy injectable valium buy line valium or buy line valium umaxppc.

buy no online prescription valium:
buy non prescription valium buy online prescription valium without, buy online q results php valium or buy online valium tramadol valium combination and buy overnight valium, but buy phentermine valium xanax ambien is more buy prescription valium buy prescription valium without.

buy roche valium no prescription:
- online purchase valium buy site valium buy uk valium;
- buy valium buy valium 3 days valium addictive drug buy valium 3 days no prescription

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parking in San Francisco is a ******* nightmare. Two tickets in two days.

In the first incident I got scammed into buying a parking pass from some asshole posing as an attendant. Paid him $20 for an "all day pass" only to return later with a ticket for not buying a pass from the automated teller.

Today I got ticketed for parking in a school bus zone. The no parking sign was hidden by a tree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads